Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Frame issue

  1. #1
    Member gullwinger's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2016

    Posts:    44

    My VIN:    5564

    Frame issue

    I just pulled the body off the frame and noticed the drivers front radius arm bracket was damaged and shimmed. Any ideas what I should do to repair?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    EFI'd dn010's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Florida: Pinellas County

    Posts:    1,460

    My VIN:    5003

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    I'd imagine this is more of a reinforcement reason than shim reason as far as adding that plate but it is hard to tell - I can't really see any damage, I'm not sure if it is a shadow or a dent behind the arm. Did you take the arms off yet? And, is this the reason you're seeking a new frame? Unless the front is trashed, what I am seeing is very minimal rust damage.
    -----Dan B.

  3. #3
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    6,497

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Cut it off, fab up a new one, and put it on. You must take accurate measurements to get it just right. Otherwise, just leave it alone if the alignment is good. Refer to Section R:02 in the Workshop Manual.
    David Teitelbaum

  4. #4
    Member gullwinger's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2016

    Posts:    44

    My VIN:    5564

    frame

    Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I'd imagine this is more of a reinforcement reason than shim reason as far as adding that plate but it is hard to tell - I can't really see any damage, I'm not sure if it is a shadow or a dent behind the arm. Did you take the arms off yet? And, is this the reason you're seeking a new frame? Unless the front is trashed, what I am seeing is very minimal rust damage.
    It looks like the bracket failed and the radius arm bushing and bolt pushed in the frame, Then the added the plate to bring it back. I feel they did this because the arm pushed in or rotted. It looks like the frame fine

  5. #5
    Member gullwinger's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2016

    Posts:    44

    My VIN:    5564

    Great

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Cut it off, fab up a new one, and put it on. You must take accurate measurements to get it just right. Otherwise, just leave it alone if the alignment is good. Refer to Section R:02 in the Workshop Manual.
    Great idea, Im hearing this is a common issue with the radius arm bracket.

  6. #6
    EFI'd dn010's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Florida: Pinellas County

    Posts:    1,460

    My VIN:    5003

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Could be the result of the TAB failing while traveling at speed. Still very fixable. You donít need a new frame because of this unless you really want to spend thousands of dollars just because.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

  7. #7
    EFI'd dn010's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Florida: Pinellas County

    Posts:    1,460

    My VIN:    5003

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Wondering if you had a chance to remove the arm yet?
    -----Dan B.

  8. #8
    Member gullwinger's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2016

    Posts:    44

    My VIN:    5564

    Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Wondering if you had a chance to remove the arm yet?
    Taking off the radius a today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member gullwinger's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2016

    Posts:    44

    My VIN:    5564

    Quote Originally Posted by gullwinger View Post
    Taking off the radius a today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Taking off the radius arm today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •