FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tools to bring

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

I'm in the Phoenix area...if there are any issues early on, I might be able to help! What car did you pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    Ok, Well, I am flying to AZ next week and driving back my 81 Delorean!! I am looking froward to this trip. Ill be traveling from Phoenix to Roswell, NM, to Houston TX, (Stopping in to visit DMCH) Then traveling home to Burlington NC. If there is anyone in-between any of these points in case I have any issues that would be great to know.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by burch View Post
    I'm in the Phoenix area...if there are any issues early on, I might be able to help! What car did you pick up?
    Lets here it the specs on the car ? 5 speed or auto. interior color, what hood? got any pictures ? Congratulation on the car.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    Lets here it the specs on the car ? 5 speed or auto. interior color, what hood? got any pictures ? Congratulation on the car.
    Its an 81' Grey interior, 5 speed. Grooved hood, no gas flap. Very well maintained from what I can tell. vin 06668

It's a driver, it has "higher" miles, but was in my price range. just under 87,000 miles. But that doesn't scare me. I won't feel bad driving it. LOL

Yes, I am bringing a pair of coveralls, some basic tools, AAA card, and a cell phone. fingers crossed Its a smooth ride home.

Future plans for it, I am liking Delorean Performance stage 1 exhaust, DMCH lower suspension, and convert all the lights to LED's (Minus the Battery light)
    Attached Images

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Its an 81' Grey interior, 5 speed. Grooved hood, no gas flap. Very well maintained from what I can tell. vin 06668

It's a driver, it has "higher" miles, but was in my price range. just under 87,000 miles. But that doesn't scare me. I won't feel bad driving it. LOL

Yes, I am bringing a pair of coveralls, some basic tools, AAA card, and a cell phone. fingers crossed Its a smooth ride home.

Future plans for it, I am liking Delorean Performance stage 1 exhaust, DMCH lower suspension, and convert all the lights to LED's (Minus the Battery light)
    Good looking car enjoy your drive home. Definitely get the DPI exhaust and cams really makes the car come alive.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    891, 1045

I recently bought a 51 year old car sight unseen and drove it home about 600 miles. The first thing I did was get a AAA Premier membership. I figured that 200 mile tow could really come in handy. I took my travel tool box which is a Craftsman 150pc set with some pliers, screwdrivers, vice-grips and adjustable wrenches tossed in. Luckily the only thing I needed on the trip home was a can of starting fluid.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

After 5 days of travel in the Delorean We made it home safe! From Scottsdale, AZ to Mebane, NC. total of 2,617 miles driven. Great shake down and the car didn't skip a beat! It loves to cruise at 70-75MPH. I did discover a horrible shimmy that turns out to be a blowen driver front shock. Stopped at DMCH on the way home and had a great conversation with Stephen Wynne while we were there too. Proud owner of 06668!!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

After 5 days of travel in the Delorean We made it home safe! From Scottsdale, AZ to Mebane, NC. total of 2,617 miles driven. Great shake down and the car didn't skip a beat! It loves to cruise at 70-75MPH. I did discover a horrible shimmy that turns out to be a blowen driver front shock. Stopped at DMCH on the way home and had a great conversation with Stephen Wynne while we were there too. Proud owner of 06668!!
    Glad your cross country trip was good. You landed really close to me (Lexington NC) and I run our local club. It is informal and our next meet in April 14th. Contact me if you’d like to know more.

My VIN:    10907

Glad you had a mostly-good drive home! I had to get the front shocks replaced when I first bought mine, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Glad your cross country trip was good. You landed really close to me (Lexington NC) and I run our local club. It is informal and our next meet in April 14th. Contact me if you’d like to know more.
    Yeah Lexington, NC Is about an hour from me!

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Glad you had a mostly-good drive home! I had to get the front shocks replaced when I first bought mine, too.
    Thank you! Well, now I have an excuse to upgrade the suspension, LOL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3