FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Automatic Pedal Box for Electric Conversion

My VIN:    6313

Automatic Pedal Box for Electric Conversion

I am looking for a pedal box from an automatic car. I need to modify it as part of my conversion to electric drive (Tesla Model S motor). I'll be replacing the accelerator pedal with the 'fly-by-wire' pedal from a Tesla Model S. I have a manual box, however I really don't want to chop it up as would be needed for the conversion.

I had considered a swap previously, but in this case I want to buy an automatic box first, make sure I can modify it sufficiently well, and later I'll put my manual box and linkage set up for sale. I don't need the automatic gear selector box - the electric conversion is push button gear selection.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    Between VINs

You could try to read the end of this thread and once you figure it out, make that person an offer on theirs: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...-Mattglas-quot

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I am looking for a pedal box from an automatic car. I need to modify it as part of my conversion to electric drive (Tesla Model S motor). I'll be replacing the accelerator pedal with the 'fly-by-wire' pedal from a Tesla Model S. I have a manual box, however I really don't want to chop it up as would be needed for the conversion.

I had considered a swap previously, but in this case I want to buy an automatic box first, make sure I can modify it sufficiently well, and later I'll put my manual box and linkage set up for sale. I don't need the automatic gear selector box - the electric conversion is push button gear selection.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Sounds like between Matt and Josh there is an extra automatic pedal box involved in this mess here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...204#post232204

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Sounds like between Matt and Josh there is an extra automatic pedal box involved in this mess here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...204#post232204
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    You could try to read the end of this thread and once you figure it out, make that person an offer on theirs: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...-Mattglas-quot
    I did notice the other thread... any way I can reliably get a automatic pedal box is good with me. If you've got one let me know.

Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

There's a guy advertising some parts on Craigslist near Fort Lauderdale, FL including an automatic pedal box. I think I have seen him post on here also, but can't remember his username.
    https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts...537873272.html

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Send Eagle-co94 a PM, I'd guess this is who posted the ad.

Cheers,
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post

Thanks
    Jeff
    I've now got an automatic pedal box on the way. Thanks for all the suggestions, contacts.

Jeff

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Jeff