FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Binnacles

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by stevie67cars View Post
    Few pics of the mould we made- the binnicale I repaired was ruined in order to make this mould:
    Stephen
    Don't worry about that. You've got a freaking mould! You can make hundreds of binnacles now!

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Direct from Ireland

I again ask why this wasn't brought up / offered sooner. A lot of money could be made even with a limited run.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I'd be willing to purchase a black one, that's for sure.

Kudos. Now THIS is a project that the community needs and is excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I bet it is better than whatever DMCH is working on. Remember the dashes?
    Ugh. Don't remind me. I'm very displeased with mine.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I'd be willing to purchase a black one, that's for sure.

Kudos. Now THIS is a project that the community needs and is excited about.

Ugh. Don't remind me. I'm very displeased with mine.
    Hey, Chadd, what's wrong with your dash? I have one that came with the car when I purchased it but have yet to install... I was waiting for the binnacles to do both at once.

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

I would be interested in a black one.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Hey, Chadd, what's wrong with your dash? I have one that came with the car when I purchased it but have yet to install... I was waiting for the binnacles to do both at once.

Steve
    From the right angle, you can see where the studs are attached. They're also fairly flimsy, the studs break easily, and mine wobbles around, but I'm not going to tighten it down any further because they may break. In hindsight, I'd have filled it with foam to prevent it from vibrating when the speakers are used as well as using a few pads to keep it from wobbling.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    From the right angle, you can see where the studs are attached. They're also fairly flimsy, the studs break easily, and mine wobbles around, but I'm not going to tighten it down any further because they may break. In hindsight, I'd have filled it with foam to prevent it from vibrating when the speakers are used as well as using a few pads to keep it from wobbling.
    When was your dash produced? Are the current ones like that or was yours an early run?

And, to avoid threadjacking, let me say that those fiberglass binnacles are amazing- they really really look dead on original and amazing! Definitely should go into production with them!

My VIN:    2245

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    When was your dash produced? Are the current ones like that or was yours an early run?
    All the DMCH reproductions are like that, they are also painted.

That binnacle looks great! I've seen pictures of a fiberglass dash covered in vinyl, looked original.
    Last edited by r00b; 09-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

The finished product looks really great! Any way you could post some close-ups of the texture, as well as the transition between the gray and the black areas?

My VIN:    #10213

Hi guys,

I recently sold my last binnical to a friend on here- he is collecting it at Christmas. I never set out to sell these as they are a bit labour intensive to make, but the results are excellent with a sturdy well fitting binnical which wont crack in the sun.
    Anyway, I was with my fibreglass guy today and I am going to offer a small run of them after Christmas for anyone who's interested. I will be setting aside some time from my normal work (I have a small but busy bodyshop) to do these so it will be a limited run.
    I will post some more detailed pictures of the binnicals over the holidays (there are some on page 1 of this thread) but in the meantime, here are a couple of pictures of one of the fibreglass binnicals fitted to a car I restored a couple of years ago:

I realise these are not the best pics, but they are all I have to hand right now. Can't believe so much time has passed since I started this thread!

Anyways, is anyone interested in one? Please reply to this thread if you are, stating which colour you would prefer. Pricewise, when I see how many are interested I will be able to work out a price for you- I dont expect them to be crazy expensive and I will try to price them fairly, but as I said, they are a bit labour intensive but the end result is worth it imo.

As I am in Ireland I know shipping to the US can be problematic but I am looking into the best solution to that at the minute- shipping will be exactly what it costs me. Being fibreglass, they are a whole lot lighter than the originals so shipping might not be too bad.

Talk soon ,

Stephen

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast