FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone buy on Oodle? American Listed? Too good to be true...

My VIN:    3294

Nice! I do see a lot of those too.. "hasn't run/been sitting for several years". How's the car doing these days? Would you go about it the same way again?
    The car is doing great, runs like a dream. I would definitely do it the same way again. I learned SO much about my car doing all of the mechanical restoration stuff, it gives me confidence when I'm driving it that I'll get to wherever I'm going and get back home. If I had the money, I'd do another one.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    5368

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Not a DeLorean specifically but I found a really fantastic Mustang SVT Cobra on CarGurus, a platform I had never heard of until my Dad directed me to the ad.
    Congrats bud! I bought my 2004 Cobra from an ad on one of the Cobra forums.

To the OP I sold and bought previous cars on Craiglist, not fun but there are some legit sellers out there. But I found my DeLorean thru Hemmings...
    Vin 5368. October 81 Grey Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel05 View Post
    What sites outside of eBay, Hemmings, Autotrader, and cars.com are less known and worth checking out?
    How about this place? Has a ton of very knowledgeable and friendly people, some VERY mechanically inclined, a few even offer you to swing by their house! It might even look familiar to you

(Hassling you, of course, but no seriously I bought mine off of here. Posted a "wanted" ad and saw a matching "for sale" ad. She's sitting in my garage waiting for it to stop snowing...)

My VIN:    4372

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    The car is doing great, runs like a dream. I would definitely do it the same way again. I learned SO much about my car doing all of the mechanical restoration stuff, it gives me confidence when I'm driving it that I'll get to wherever I'm going and get back home. If I had the money, I'd do another one.
    Awesome! I’ve been studying the workshop manual and have been looking up everything I can find on Delorean repairs and restoration work. Hoping to get to practice on my own one day soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    4372

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    How about this place? Has a ton of very knowledgeable and friendly people, some VERY mechanically inclined, a few even offer you to swing by their house! It might even look familiar to you

(Hassling you, of course, but no seriously I bought mine off of here. Posted a "wanted" ad and saw a matching "for sale" ad. She's sitting in my garage waiting for it to stop snowing...)
    Wait a second... that does look familiar Haha I check it every day, you bet this will be my first stop when I’m ready! Soooo close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Wanted" ad. Seriously, I just found out a month ago someone was selling that I didn't even know wanted to sell. A prospective buyer asked me for advice looking over cars he was presented with in response to a "wanted" ad posted here and I instantly recognized the license plate, I've seen it dozens of times at DPI. It's the ones that aren't listed anywhere that you should keep your options open for.

I had the "wanted" ad posted while also simultaneously looking, but cannot recommend it enough. You know those knowledgeable and friendly guys I mentioned? They're selling cars! And they know guys that are selling too! The guys on eBay and Craigslist and Hemmings, it's hit-or-miss on how involved in the community they are and how much we can vouch for the car itself. But sometimes people know other people, and sometimes guys that are looking find a car you might want and send it your way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2