FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEW TIRES NEEDED. Part 2 of a earlier posting for new tires interrupted by surgery.

My VIN:    1597

NEW TIRES NEEDED. Part 2 of a earlier posting for new tires interrupted by surgery.

Hey all... Sorry for a second and new post but I have been experiencing some really bad health issues and fallen WAY behind on the car. 1ST POST was 3 months old and got rather confusing.
    I have let a lot of things fall behind but tires are one I really need to put on the top of my to do list. I was almost ready to decide when I had a emergency surgery on my back "3 already" requiring me to lay low for a solid month.

My tires are approaching 10 yrs old and although garage kept and only approx 3000 miles might need to be replaced. Posters listed about numerous brands/ types which were all over the place. I understand matching front/rears are no longer possible but not really concerned as long as they appear similar and are quality.
    I want to avoid cheap and those with Chinese lettering. It is a fair weather car but don't mind spending a little on name/quality.

Links to the tire website w/ name model # appreciated and only those currently known available.
    Tires on there now are P235/60R-15 BFGoodrich Radial T/A
    2 195/60R-14 BFGoodrich Traction T/A H

BTW- What are the dealerships using and what do they suggest?

Thanks for your input. Jim
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

NEW TIRES NEEDED. Part 2 of a earlier posting for new tires interrupted by surgery.

Vredestein sportrac 5 available in.

195/60-14
    225/60-15

I think these are the ones that say Giugiaro on the sidewall but don’t quote me on that.

I’ve seen these on a few Deloreans now. They are a nice looking tire.

http://support.delorean.com/kb/a31/tire-choices.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-31-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Vredestein sportrac 5 available in.

195/60-14
    225/60-15

I think these are the ones that say Giugiaro on the sidewall but don’t quote me on that.

I’ve seen these on a few Deloreans now. They are a nice looking tire.

http://support.delorean.com/kb/a31/tire-choices.aspx

I have this tire. It compliments the car well and is a good grippy tire in fare weather. They do say Giugiaro and match.

Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I have this tire. It compliments the car well and is a good grippy tire in fare weather. They do say Giugiaro and match.

Dave B.
    Where did you get yours from?

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Where did you get yours from?

They were on the car when I bought it. From doing some research on them they have to be ordered. Not sure if there are many dealers in the US for this brand.

Dave B.

Found them at:

www.tiresbyweb.com

A bit pricey.

Tirerack does not have these sizes but does carry Vredestein.

Tirerack does have 2 matching tire size options though.

DENNIS

Once again Thanks for the generous replies. Busy today but I will look it over and post any questions.

My VIN:    10644

Not to add confusion to yet another tire thread, but why are matching brand/model/tread tires preferred over correct sizes?
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Not to add confusion to yet another tire thread, but why are matching brand/model/tread tires preferred over correct sizes?
    Correct sizes, is subject to opinion.
    Just as much as much as someone or committee decided what size to use from the factory.

The 235/60-15 has very limited availability these days. Matching tread and Sidewalls is more important most owners these days than factory size specs.

The trend of larger diameter wheels is making the need for 14 and 15 “ replacement tires a very tiny segment of the aftermarket tire market.

DENNIS

Like last time it gets a little confusing but in this post I see Vredestein which I never heard of, are most pricey and don't appear in stock.
    Then there are the Fuzion which appear to be in stock.

Cooper and Fuzion are all I see on that website. No R15 but only 14s.

COOPER CS4 TOURING H/V TIRES
    Begin Checkout Process:
    Tire Size Load Index Speed Rating Ply Sidewall UTQG Price (Each)
    Front 195/60R14 86 H BLK 560 A A $123
    Qty. Submit
    Rear 225/60R15 96 H BLK 560 A A $144
    Qty.
    FUZION TOURING TIRES
    Begin Checkout Process:
    Tire Size Load Index Speed Rating Ply Sidewall UTQG Price (Each)
    Front 195/60R14 86 H 400 A A $96
    Qty. Submit
    Last edited by JIMJAM; 04-02-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast