FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Diamond Select Flux Capacitor - window popped in

My VIN:    07000

Yay! I’m not crazy (or visually dyslexic- which is huge being I do animation). I had mine apart when I first got it, as I was able to get it pretty cheap on eBay due to it being “broken”- which was a simple fix of one unsoldered wire. However the way they wired it is pretty messy - to swap the direction, you’d have to unsolder the lead power wires and a few other things if I remember correctly (it’s been a couple years since I had it apart), then put in longer wires so they could all be flipped and work.
    However I’m kinda thinking about drilling a few more holes so there’s at least 6 LEDs per row, and running those off a timer with each LED tied together so they run in sync- at a given speed but not adjustable.
    A cool trick would be an arduino tied to an accelerometer, that adjusts speed based on ones own actual driving speed. Anything under 70mph is “calm”, and anything over 70 would be “hyper” or a faster sequence.

My VIN:    3455

Slightly off topic, but has anyone noticed these are $700 on amazon now? Seems like mine was about $250 18 months ago. At this rate, a flux capacitor looks like a significant value-add for the car

My VIN:    05457

That is crazy about the prices of these on eBay. I see that is for new models, used ones likely go for much less.

I opened my box up today to extend the wires and then flip the boards. I successfully extended all the wires I needed to but then I realized the screws on the boards, which also hold in the plastic diffusers on the opposite side, are off center. That means flipping the board around will also make the screw holes not match.

There must be a way to re-wire these so they blink the correct way. Does anyone have a board that fluxes from the outside in that would be willing to open up and post a picture of how it is wired?

Here is my wiring (with new extensions):
    David Proehl

My VIN:    07000

Maybe just drill new holes for the boards into the backing?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Maybe just drill new holes for the boards into the backing?
    I'd also have to drill new holes in the the light diffusers. I'm less inclined to do that for fear of messing those up. I'll likely leave it for now unless I can see an example of how a properly flashing unit is wired.
    David Proehl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3