FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Window Switch

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Window Switch

Looking for a good used window switch or two prior to shelling out $50 for one. The appearance or strength of the arrow paint does not matter to me. I thought I had a spare one somewhere but I've been unable to locate it.
    -----Dan B.

Holy mackerel repros are $50 ?!?! Damn, even the lighted ones are $60, that's just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    The appearance or strength of the arrow paint does not matter to me.
    This is interesting wording to me. Using it for a project? I have a spare I was going to use for a door popper project, but I'm likely going to redo the entire switch area when the time comes And anyway it makes more sense to grab one with faded arrows as I need to redo the arrows, so no point in wasting a perfectly good unit. The one I have is basically brand new, arrow paint is strong as ever. I can grab a few pics if you're interested. How much were you looking to spend on one?

Hi shep,

Indeed, a project for this switch is in mind: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...-release-cable

I had been trying to decide where to place a switch. I was going to make something custom under the knee pad. I started designing some metal plate that I could plasma cut and bend to place somewhere. Then I thought, why not just remove a dummy switch and put in a window switch. Forward will be trunk, back will be engine compartment release. This leads to a simple, easy and stock appearance to the interior so this is the route I will go.

My driver's side window switch is a bit flaky. I can press it down and it won't move until I rock the plastic a little and then it finally goes. So, if you have a good switch, I can use it as a window switch and then use the original window switch as the trunk/engine cover release. I figure all it really needs is a bit of cleaning anyway. Price, it's really up to you. $50 is a bit outrageous to me hence my looking here. Saw a few years ago someone got away with a used one for $15. I would do $30 shipped on a good used one but it sounds like yours is probably worth holding onto to fetch more.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    Between VINs

I'm heading out of state for two weeks. If you're still looking when I get back I will take care of you. My LED switches came today but I can't let the old ones go until I confirm the new ones are operational, but again, that won't be until the 22nd or so.

I think you're right, a bit off on price, but that's a good thing! If you want a match, a bit of wear should help, right? brand new parts stick out like a sore thumb I swear...

Whoops, I didn't read the replies, saw it was project talk and skimmed by. Wasn't trying to intrude.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Whoops, I didn't read the replies, saw it was project talk and skimmed by. Wasn't trying to intrude.
    Actually no, you've got dibs on the sale, I've backed out

Sorry, dn010, wasn't my intent there. I still can't help you for a few weeks so if Shep changes his mind by all means go for it. I don't care either way and don't want to hold either of you up.

No problem guys. Yes, I will still need a switch and I'm in no hurry. We can move it to PM when you're back if I do not already find or purchase a switch.
    -----Dan B.

bump
    -----Dan B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast