FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DMC Northwest?

Quote Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
    I noticed a few of the other businesses that were next to him also left, this price increase may end up backfiring on the owner.
    Or the remaining ones will make up the gap. Guy might have multiple buildings keep in mind, I had an old co-worker landlord with buildings in at least three parts of the city of Alliance, OH (a mostly-landlord town), when he raised rates he always said some leave, but the ones that stay make up the gap until new ones come in. He was, of course, renting to people rather than companies, but I'd imagine it applies here too.

But at least in DPI's case, it fully backfired on the owner. Almost all of the units vacated, DPI as well, but the owner lowered his prices again, so the space DPI rented out off-site became mostly excess storage. The right-most unit is still vacant, and I think the tire guys just left their sign up, I've not seen any activity there when I visit. Two units filled and active out of at least five or six is quite the backfire.

(You learn a lot when a the local fire marshal takes notes on the "new tenant" in an oddly-timed meeting where I was there for 30 minutes tops and he was scheduled "some time this week")

My VIN:    5625

So then what is the new business address?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    So then what is the new business address?
    DeLorean Service Northwest, LLC
    13652 Redmond-Woodinville RD NE
    Redmond, WA 98052

Phone# is 425-451-7000

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    They're the third franchise to abandon ship.
    thank god toby is out of DMCT (if that is the case?)

DMCT clearly doesn't care about the community. they do everything they can to control franchisees and stop them from making money. toby always did me right, and I feel like he actually CARED about me and my car. DMCT's other corporate shop in california overcharged me twice when I first bought my car before it was shipped to tacoma. i'm sure DMCT will file a frivilous lawsuit against toby for leaving them.

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
    DeLorean Service Northwest, LLC
    13652 Redmond-Woodinville RD NE
    Redmond, WA 98052

Phone# is 425-451-7000
    Sweet, thanks for the info. Does he have a new website by chance?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    4877

As far as I know, its still https://www.delorean-parts.com/
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by DMCSuperFan View Post
    thank god toby is out of DMCT (if that is the case?)

DMCT clearly doesn't care about the community. they do everything they can to control franchisees and stop them from making money. toby always did me right, and I feel like he actually CARED about me and my car. DMCT's other corporate shop in california overcharged me twice when I first bought my car before it was shipped to tacoma. i'm sure DMCT will file a frivilous lawsuit against toby for leaving them.
    Now hang on, don't take the first bit you like and quote me on it, we've established I spoke in complete error by now. DMCNW is still a DMCH franchise, they are simply moving due to their landlord jacking up rent.

DMCH doesn't even file lawsuits against business enemy DPI, don't get cocky there and make an unwarranted demonization of DMCH. Have you seen the interaction between those two? Last time they clashed, the phrase "fight club mathematics" was thrown out rather readily, so you tell me what it takes to piss DMCH off enough to file a lawsuit. Certainly going solo isn't enough.

I don't know what happened with your case, you've made allegations that provide no context nor insight, but it's ill-advised to say they're the worst vendor on a site where they're pretty well favored. I'd want to hear DMCH's version of events (and DMC California's for that matter) before drawing any conclusions myself. Whatever tensions you have towards DMCH have nothing to with an unrelated third party i.e. the landlord jacking up rates and forcing a move.

While DMCH has threatened many a lawsuit, they are purely trademark-related "cease and desists" and to the best of my knowledge have never wound up in court. This is actually standard practice for trademark ownership and everyone does it, even Nintendo, Disney, Valve, Sony... It has to do with the way the law is written. Basically if you know someone is using your trademark and don't do anything about it, you're saying you're okay with anyone using it. Threatening a lawsuit retains your right to that trademark. I've never seen a cease and desist nor lawsuit for anything else by DMCH.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Now hang on, don't take the first bit you like and quote me on it, we've established I spoke in complete error by now. DMCNW is still a DMCH franchise, they are simply moving due to their landlord jacking up rent.
    Toby is no longer affiliated with DMCH. I sent him an email to let him know this discussion was happening.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Toby is no longer affiliated with DMCH. I sent him an email to let him know this discussion was happening.
    I think his parting ways with them is a good thing. He can now have his shop wherever he pleases, work on Deloreans Lotus cars and any other exotic without Offending a franchisor overlord.

I have been a Franchisee before with serval concepts and all it is a form of legalized blackmail.
    Last edited by Alex Brooks; 04-06-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    I think his parting ways with them is a good thing. He can now have his shop wherever he pleases, work on Deloreans Lotus cars and any other exotic without Offending a franchisor overlord.

I have been a Franchisee before with serval concepts and all it is a form of legalized blackmail.
    The franchise type of business model has it's good points and it's bad points. It works both ways for the parties. They both need each other. When they don't they split up. In this particular case even if they no longer maintain the franchise relationship they will still need each other so they will find a way to work things out amicably. As much as DMCH may want to control all things Delorean, it may not turn out that way. D1 tried to do it too and failed.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast