FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Island TURBO help....

Island TURBO help....

Hello all-

By chance does anyone have spare parts for this system they are willing to part with? They are becoming very scarce. My turbos are at the rebuilder and the bearing housings are shot, out of spec even for the over sized bearing, shafts are scored as well.

Looking for the turbos or parts for them.

RHB5
    5T-503

Is there direct replacement that would work? Possibly a Garrett?

Thanks

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Call DMC Midwest. They can hook you up. Or send the parts to Turbo City in Calif. They can repair, rebuild, weld, almost anything. As for the shaft, a new one is supposed to be included in a rebuild kit so if it isn't I would wonder just what the shop you took the stuff to is doing. My guess is they aren't (or can't) get a proper kit so they are just piecing together some bearings and seals. There is no cross/over for the IHI but there are options. Make sure whoever rebuilds your turbos can balance them. Many rebuilders can't because that balancing machine is VERY expensive. They will either skip that step (and your rebuild will not last long) or they send them out to be balanced. Either way isn't great because in one case they aren't balanced and in the other case they can get knocked out of balance in shipping (you don't balance the turbo assembled, just the rotating assembly).
    David Teitelbaum

Thank Dave

I'll shoot Mike at MW a message

My VIN:    2706

I traded Rob Grady some stuff for my old turbo parts . He may have some stuff you need too but not sure.

Thanks I sent Rob Grady an email yesterday.