FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Bipolar Rectifier feedback/interest - side blinker LED fix!

Bipolar Rectifier feedback/interest - side blinker LED fix!

OMG THIS IS WHAT SHEP LOOKS LIKE!!! (I know, I'm usually so camera shy, damn. I never look good in pictures but making this was a breeze!)

As I mentioned earlier in my Product Update thread, I've made a board that makes side blinkers work with LED's. Normally the LED's become parking lights with this approach and will only blink if the parking lights are on. These boards correct that issue and are a "set and forget" item that you can use in your car without damaging generic LED's like a full bridge rectifier would.

Demo below, but if I can draw up enough interest to warrant selling 25 units, I can sell them at $20 each. Bear in mind, they are per bulb. 1 car = 4 units.

If I see enough interest for 100 units, I can risk ordering that many and selling for $15, but sitting on $1,500 worth of inventory is something I would need to take pre-orders for.

I'm using the same shop as last time but making a few tweaks, namely: heat-shrink insulation over the board (avoids shorting on stainless!), more secure wire connection, and longer exposed and tinned leads. The wires were about 22 AWG size, we're talking tiny, I expect a ton of failures if people can't install them with a good secure electrical connection, so solid core (think: house wiring, just smaller) is critical and would do wonders here. What you see in the video is the quality and end result you're going to get in the product. I rambled a lot in that video, but hopefully you get the idea if you haven't already.

So with that all said, how many of you guys would be interested in buying this? Feedback in general also welcome! Heck, maybe the market I'm after isn't even here, never know until I ask, right?

And as always, other projects remain in the works. I'm just glad the biggest holdup for the taillights and side markers (reflectors) is now being outsourced, but the CNC machine I invested in I have found out since filming the video is just a goner (stay far away from WhittleCNC, fair warning), a new one will cost me $500 smackeroonies. Thankfully that only affects the taillights. Side markers can be completed using 3D printing if I can find the right filament. Given my success with 3D printing things, I am looking. Expect rapid progress on those two items compared to the last three years.

Crickets... uh oh...

I mean, worst case, if I made a dud, I have five for my own car and an electrical proof of concept for the all-in-one entire side marker replica, so still out ahead on this if there's zero interest. I'm just glad this worked