FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hazard Switch bulb woes

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Yes the two push button switch lights only come on when parking or headlights are on. In stock form the HVAC lights run full power when the key is on and lower power (dropped by a resistor) when the lights are on. Many people have done a change so HVAC lights only come on with parking or headlights.
    I assume your panel is unaffected by the resistor part, or accounts for it, given it's an LED panel? I haven't noticed any change in HVAC brightness but can check that too. My rheostat is entirely bypassed via a jumper if it matters any.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I assume your panel is unaffected by the resistor part, or accounts for it, given it's an LED panel? I haven't noticed any change in HVAC brightness but can check that too. My rheostat is entirely bypassed via a jumper if it matters any.
    The resistor would make very little change in the brightness of LEDs. I was going to measure the red resistor but I've misplaced it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Okay, so that's why mine doesn't change brightness at all. That was a very early mod after finding out several HVAC bulbs were blown and ground wires were just hanging there, ready to short any power line (fun!) Thanks for the insight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2