FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rental contract boilerplate

My VIN:    10907

Rental contract boilerplate

Does anybody have a standard rental contract that they'd be willing to share? I got a rental prospect that might actually be legit but feel like I should give them some legalese to sign.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I totally agree. I don't have one, but if you are talking about renting an apartment etc., then based on my landlord experience I would suggest that you always get a standard rental contract signed.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I suspect this question has to do with renting out one's DeLorean, perhaps for an event.

Clarify?
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Having rented out my Delorean multiple times I never used a contract. Get the money agreed to and "up front" and get a Certificate of Insurance naming you as "additional insured". While a contract sounds like a good idea, unless we are talking big money, are you really going to go to court to have a court enforce it?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Between VINs

Brave. ^^^

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I suspect this question has to do with renting out one's DeLorean, perhaps for an event.

Clarify?
    Yeah, a guy wants to rent the car for a corporate event next week. But he wants people to be able to sit in it and take pictures ( which I quoted him an extra $300 for) so I want something in writing that they'll be responsible if any damage is done by attendees). I told him I wanted to be there to keep an eye on it, too.

My VIN:    Between VINs

I can't dispense legal advice given I haven't sat for the bar, yet.

Speaking as a DMC owner I wouldn't rent a car out on an oral agreement, even if I got the money up front.

Renting classic cars is not common but is probably done frequently enough that you shouldn't have a hard time finding an example of a contract online. Consider broadening your search to include 'equipment rental' contracts that you can adapt for your use. Or you could hire a legal professional to do it.

If I come across anything I'll pass it along.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Yeah, a guy wants to rent the car for a corporate event next week. But he wants people to be able to sit in it and take pictures ( which I quoted him an extra $300 for) so I want something in writing that they'll be responsible if any damage is done by attendees). I told him I wanted to be there to keep an eye on it, too.
    This topic comes up from time to time here.

What your potential customer asks for isn't an unusual request, nor is your insistence on being present.

Maybe something useful for you is in this previous thread:

LINK: http://dmctalk.org...Renting-out-a-DeLorean

As mentioned here already be sure you are happy with what your D's insurance covers - or doesn't - for paid gigs. That's in the old thread, too.
    Last edited by Rich; 04-12-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Clarify?
    Oh, yeah that makes sense. Sorry. I haven't done that and I don't know that I would.

I'm the kind of owner that treats mine like one of my children. At shows or driving it around, I rarely let the car out of my sight for long unless there is competent security or a trusted fellow owner watching. I find most people are respectful but there is one nut in every crowd.

If people are respectful and they show great interest, especially if they have children wanting to see it, I offer to let them sit in it and/or take their picture with it. That always makes their day, and mine by and seeing their enjoyment.

But I'm right there watching, and outside that I have a "look but no touching" policy.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    2848

A new turn signal stalk is only $200. You will be $100 ahead after they break it. I would order one now so when they break it you have a new one ready to go.
    http://store.delorean.com/p-7023-dl-wpr-switch.aspx
    Last edited by Totally 80s; 04-13-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast