FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best venues for selling a DeLorean?

Best venues for selling a DeLorean?

I have been out of touch from the DeLorean community for a few years and I was wondering where you would list your car for sale these days. I know there is a “Cars for Sale” page on this site but I don’t know how widely it is viewed. Is it common to sell D’s On eBay or Craigslist? Do sellers typically list their car on multiple sites? Is that community member who used to track sales and plotted the data on a graph still maintaining that resource ? Thanks in advance for any replies.

My VIN:    6472

The "Where did you find your car" thread on here should be helpful. According to that poll, most cars are sold through ebay, craigslist and DeLorean related forums/groups.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...-find-your-car

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

It's just starting, but could be a good resource...

www.DeLoreanDirectory.com/marketplace

eBay, Hemmings, Auto Trader, and Auto Trader Classics are my go to's when I am looking for DeLoreans for sale. I have all but decided to buy one within the next year now. It seems like Hemmings always had the most listed at a given time but some are auction vehicles. Bring a Trailer is another option if you aren't fond of eBay.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I bought my first DeLorean on eBay in 2004 and sold it on here in 2010 or 11 and I bought my second and current DeLorean here with a WTB post.
    Alex Brooks

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglow View Post
    I have been out of touch from the DeLorean community for a few years and I was wondering where you would list your car for sale these days. I know there is a “Cars for Sale” page on this site but I don’t know how widely it is viewed. Is it common to sell D’s On eBay or Craigslist? Do sellers typically list their car on multiple sites? Is that community member who used to track sales and plotted the data on a graph still maintaining that resource ? Thanks in advance for any replies.
    I thought you had disappeared! Glad to know you are still around. Didn’t you have two cars? I had a former local owner ask me about cars for sale just this past weekend. Pics and a general rundown on condition would be great. I have people ask me about cars for sale all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    I thought you had disappeared! Glad to know you are still around. Didn’t you have two cars? I had a former local owner ask me about cars for sale just this past weekend. Pics and a general rundown on condition would be great. I have people ask me about cars for sale all the time.
    Yes, I remember attending D gatherings at your home several times. It was fun visiting with other owners and working on the cars. And yes, I do have two of these cars.

I have had some major health issues in the last few years and was not able to participate in the community or devote any time or energy to these cars. I completed one which I would say is probably daily driver ready although it needs a full routine maintenance session. The other one would no doubt fall into the project car category although I did complete the engine work allowing me to start it and drive it up the street and back.

All I have been able to do in the last 6 months or so is to start the engines and back them out of the garage every week or two. I’d like to see these cars end up in the hands of enthusiasts like the guys that showed up at your gatherings. With the improvements in the weather I hope to take some pictures in the next week or so and get their availability known in the venues suggested above. Thanks for responding.

Thanks for the responses to my original post. I have listed my cars for sale in the For Sale section of this site only for now. If no one in our DeLorean community is interested in my cars I will list them on Ebay in a few weeks. Thanks again.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Your prices are very reasonable. You should have no issue at all selling the cars rather quickly.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    3028

I agree with Josh, I can’t see these lasting long on this forum.
    Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast