FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blinker issues!!

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I'll check illumination of all bulbs when I get home. The whole car is new L.E.D.'s as of this winter. Was your failure bulb in the front or the back? Or, were they side markers?
    Mine were the side markers. Mike @ MW said some off-the-shelf LEDs are just flimsily made in China and don't hold up well, so they could still be an issue even if they're new.

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Mine were the side markers. Mike @ MW said some off-the-shelf LEDs are just flimsily made in China and don't hold up well, so they could still be an issue even if they're new.
    Ok looks like the side markers are working with park lights.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Good idea. I'll try that when I get home and report back.
    Looks like the tail lights have separate fuses, not the turn signals. I can unplug the turn signal switch, flasher relay, and hazard switch.....inject 12v into the green/red wire (left turn signal) and both sides still light up. Hmmmm, it appears as though a wire must be crossed somewhere. Where can I disconnect the front wire harness so I can rule from that plug foward out?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Well, after tearing the car apart from one end to another I found the issue. The PO had a keyless entry unit that was wired to the left and right turn signals for the parking light output from the keyless module by use of 2 diodes. One of those diodes went bad. As soon as I cut them out of the system my turn signals are working like normal. That was a wierd one. Thanks to everyone that responded with possible solutions. Now to put my car back together.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2