FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New remanufactured left fenders in our future?

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    This is the best aspect of these cars in my opinion. The availability of parts. ...All good things..
    All parts are out there if you know where to look....
    Attached Images
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    Darryl, are we hoarding for the future? . Is that your hedge fund account?

Does someone need to send photos of their crunched LFF before you’ll sell one? Legitimate need vs just another stick it in the closet just in case or flipper guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Sweet!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Sell me one

Are you willing to part with one of those? I have been waiting 2 years for this fender to happen. I'm assuming EU DMC is a long ways away from building a progress die and working out all the bugs. My fender was crushed in a previous life and car was painted blue. PO stripped the blue and beat out the fender. It's ok from 20 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Darryl, are we hoarding for the future? . Is that your hedge fund account?

Does someone need to send photos of their crunched LFF before you’ll sell one? Legitimate need vs just another stick it in the closet just in case or flipper guy.

Sorry, this was just a tease. The photo is from about 2004, and these were included in the inventory I sold to Toby when he started DPNW. Just playin' with you guys. My point was, owners said even then that LFF were impossible to find and yet I was able to acquire lots of them. I have NO DeLorean parts now, and am probably out of the game for good (but I also said that in 2005).
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017

I'm sad now

Sorry, this was just a tease. The photo is from about 2004, and these were included in the inventory I sold to Toby when he started DPNW. Just playin' with you guys. My point was, owners said even then that LFF were impossible to find and yet I was able to acquire lots of them. I have NO DeLorean parts now, and am probably out of the game for good (but I also said that in 2005).
    You hooked this fish. I should have known. How did you end up with so many panels?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

My point was, owners said even then that LFF were impossible to find and yet I was able to acquire lots of them.
    I don't ever recall anyone saying they are NLA, bit they do fetch 1500 to 2k each. It's more accurate to say they are avaliable if you are willing to pay.

My VIN:    4877

According to DMCH site, the left fender is NLA. I guess they need to horde them all for the 2019 Deloreans....hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    According to DMCH site, the left fender is NLA. I guess they need to horde them all for the 2019 Deloreans....hehe.
    I have heard through the grapevine:
    Every vendor has a very limited supply but they don't exactly advertise them otherwise the hoarders would buy them up. Let's just say if you do crumple your front, your insurance can and will procure a fender for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC VIN 6639 View Post
    You hooked this fish. I should have known. How did you end up with so many panels?
    When I started Specialty Automotive in 1986 I traveled to 48 states buying dealer inventories. This was while also working full time as a highway engineer. I think I got about 29 inventories, most including fenders, and also purchased and parted out 6-8 wrecked cars. I don't recall ever paying more than $2500 or so for entire inventories of up to 6,000 parts. The first one I paid $500 for, and within a few days sold one part, a 5-speed trans, for $900. I also was able to buy some new left fenders individually, never paying more than $500 - and that one I sold and shipped for $2500 without even bringing it home - took it straight to UPS when I bought it. I probably sold about 20-25 LFF over the 18 years I was in business - the most I ever got was $3500 from a customer in Japan. I felt a little guilty about that, but that was the market price at the time. I also had a factory trained body man helping me who was able to expertly repair some used ones that had minor damage. Ah those were the days...
    Last edited by BLWNAWY; 04-23-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2