FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General throttle cable question

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I think before you bend it back, I would look at the upper adjustable rest stop.

Mine has approximately 1 inch of visible thread showing, or roughly 30mm from top of bolt (rest stop) to the threaded nut. If you have something close to that. Then I would say the lower arm is bent. If you have more thread exposed, it may be possible for you too screw the adjuster bolt in until the arm appears level. However, by doing this you would likely need to take up any cable slack by loosening the the cable pinch bolt on the throttle spool and pulling the the slack out, then retighten the pinch bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup..the upper adjustable rest stop has exactly 1” of thread showing. So I bent the pedal back up and now I have full movement. The only issue I see now is that everything works as intended when the car is off. However when the car is running and I let off of the pedal it doesn’t quite actuate the idle micro switch. Ill mess with it a bit more to see if I can dial it in.

Thank you so much!!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

General throttle cable question

You’re very welcome.

The position of the throttle spool ball stud should be very close to what you see in Dave’s first photo. From that point you can adjust the linkage ( shorter ). Before you adjust anything. Make sure the idle stop screw is not contacting the the bracket pad. This should ensure the the throttle plates are fully closed.

Once you have that then you can either adjust the linkage to remove slack (preferred) or adjust the Micro switch contact screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 04-21-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

Quite a few people have had issues with the throttle closing when the engine is running but works fine when the engine is off. The idle vacuum seems to make the closing require more spring pressure. Make sure the idle switch is adjusted so it does not stop the closing to the curb idle screw. There are some idle switches that require less pressure to operate which some owners have tried.

I found greasing spool spring also helped when I had that problem.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2