FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Water Pump plug?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Water Pump plug?

Ah, belmetric! A great source for many of the harder to find metric items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxn83 View Post
    The oil drain plug? Does it work decently enough?
    Sure. A metric bolt is a metric bolt It has a shoulder for the sealing washer which is all you need. I run a 16psi radiator cap, no issues.

I do have the removable pulley water pump, so it may be a 12mm on some versions and not 14mm?

This thread on the Eurotech forum indicates it's an M14-1.25, same as the Dorman P/N

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Sure. A metric bolt is a metric bolt It has a shoulder for the sealing washer which is all you need. I run a 16psi radiator cap, no issues.

I do have the removable pulley water pump, so it may be a 12mm on some versions and not 14mm?

This thread on the Eurotech forum indicates it's an M14-1.25, same as the Dorman P/N

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    No idea about the sizes across pumps, but I think my pump has a 12mm, not 100% sure. Best bet is to buy both 14 and 12 from belmetric.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    11626

Spark plug will fit

The Stock spark plug will fit in the hole, cut it to the right seize and you are save.

Ed
    www.delorean.eu

Funny place for spark plug

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Ah, belmetric! A great source for many of the harder to find metric items.

Nice! If you need a new one, the great thing about the Belmetric offering is the internal hex fitting. I replated my OEM plug and I had to grind down a 17mm socket to install it due to it's tight location. I even tried a thin wall socket beforehand.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Nice! If you need a new one, the great thing about the Belmetric offering is the internal hex fitting. I replated my OEM plug and I had to grind down a 17mm socket to install it due to it's tight location. I even tried a thin wall socket beforehand.
    Yeah, that’s one of those head scratcher’s when you have to ask, what the heck was that design engineer thinking.

DENNIS

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by ed uding View Post
    The Stock spark plug will fit in the hole, cut it to the right seize and you are save.

Ed
    www.delorean.eu
    Figured I was a size off.

This is the correct plug... https://www.belmetric.com/14mm-metri...tp5j22risg2to0

I must have used a 16mm on the thermotime plug then...

So, sorry for the confusion. I bought those plugs 4 years ago and trashed the receipts.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2