FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Emission Sticker Typo (EGR Valve)

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Emission Sticker Typo (EGR Valve)

This first came up years ago, when I first got 03238 smogged, and I forgot about it. The factory sticker on my engine cover has a typo which shows the car should have an EGR valve as opposed to an EGS (Exhaust Gas System?). The inspector got uppity back then until I showed him that the emissions diagram didn't have an egr on it and his reference database didn't call one out, so he let it go.

Fast forward to today - another CA inspector called it out, and didn't see a way around the typo. He's very nervous about losing his license in a Delorean Sting operation , perhaps involving counterfeit stickers and large amounts of cocaine.

James says all the stickers he has in stock show EGS, and has never seen a sticker with EGR on it. Well... Here's mine.

20180423_131352.jpg

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Sounds like is time for a new sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Sounds like is time for a new sticker
    If I can get the car to pass the smog check by buying a $1.50 sticker, you can bet I'll call that a win.

My VIN:    16409

Tom the same thing happened to Ryan King. We went to smog his car and we discovered the typo on his decal. The shop got all weirded out and said he couldn't smog the car. We promptly tore the decal off and went to a different shop. No issues after that. We posted about this in another thread last year. As far as I know EGS stands for exhaust gas sensor, and refers to the oxygen sensor. My best guess is that someone made a bad set of reproduction decals at some point.
    Last edited by Chris 16409; 04-25-2018 at 03:22 AM.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

FWIW, per SAE J930:
    FI- Fuel Injection
    EGR- Exhaust Gas Recirculation
    TWC- Three Way Catalyst
    EGS - Exhaust Gas Sensor, ("Acceptable Acronized Usage- O2S")