FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: High Beams not working

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by flyin2 View Post
    It is now fixed. I re seated the fuses and it started working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a classic symptom of heat resistance corrosion in the fuse box terminals. Did the fuse box show any signs of distortion or melting at that location? At the very least you should pull all your fuses and abrade them with fine sandpaper. This holds true for the fusebox terminals too. Its a little tougher to find something to stick in them though. Nowadays it is highly recommended that the fuse box be replaced. The the new terminal are much better than the originals.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Now that you mention it yes there was signs of heat issues on some of the fuses. Where is the recommended place to get the new fuse box?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by flyin2 View Post
    Now that you mention it yes there was signs of heat issues on some of the fuses. Where is the recommended place to get the new fuse box?

Most Vendors have the kit supplied by DMCH.

http://store.delorean.com/p-7190-fuse-box-assembly.aspx

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2