FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Polyurethane Front Sway Bar bushings

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Polyurethane Front Sway Bar bushings

I am preparing to replace my Shocks and springs soon and I am thinking of upgrading the Front swaybar bushings while I'm in there to Polyurethane. I realize they are stiffer and all that. MY question is the only ones I see available are from Delorean Parts Northwest and Delorean Go. Any recommendations on whish is better? Do you have either of these installed on your Delorean and what do you think? Thanks for any input.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I believe another choice you have is DPI.
    -----Dan B.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    I am preparing to replace my Shocks and springs soon and I am thinking of upgrading the Front swaybar bushings while I'm in there to Polyurethane. I realize they are stiffer and all that. MY question is the only ones I see available are from Delorean Parts Northwest and Delorean Go. Any recommendations on whish is better? Do you have either of these installed on your Delorean and what do you think? Thanks for any input.
    Also Josh at DPI has them also. Go with his. I have his and and all the rest of the suspension mods that he has and I love it! Check out his website cuz I know he has them on there

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Does DPI have the sway bar to lower control arm bushings in poly as well?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Yes we do
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    +1 on the DPNW kit, I have that kit on my car, very good quality kit and doesn't break the bank to purchase. Re the bushes, from what I have heard from other owners over the years, only go with poly bushes on the front anti roll bar (part numbers 100774 and 108912). For all other suspension bushes you are best off sticking with rubber unless you like a harsh ride.

I've had DMC EU front springs on my car for the last 7 years and I'm very happy with them. Shocks will be a future upgrade for me, but I will be going the tried and tested route of Spax.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Turns out that I am actually using DPI's poly bushings all around. I apparently forgot I had these installed until I replaced my ARB tonight. I think they ride well, no complaints. Pict below, not sure how many miles I have on them, but I am also running Josh's stainless LCAs.

IMG_4922.jpg
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post
    +1 on the DPNW kit, I have that kit on my car, very good quality kit and doesn't break the bank to purchase. Re the bushes, from what I have heard from other owners over the years, only go with poly bushes on the front anti roll bar (part numbers 100774 and 108912). For all other suspension bushes you are best off sticking with rubber unless you like a harsh ride.

I've had DMC EU front springs on my car for the last 7 years and I'm very happy with them. Shocks will be a future upgrade for me, but I will be going the tried and tested route of Spax.
    +1

I have Toby’s and DMCEU springs/shocks. They work great.