Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Catalytic Converter Heat Shield

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    218

    Catalytic Converter Heat Shield

    This heat shield was removed from my car at 16,000 miles. I will take $40 for it plus actual shipping costs. It is in Troutville VA. Thanks, Rod
    Attached Images

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    56

    that does not look to be factory

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,211

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by mark w View Post
    that does not look to be factory
    Which might be a good thing... the originals being asbestos and all.

    Rod, this one is aluminum? Not asbestos though, right? Any idea of where it came from to end up on your car?


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2014

    Location:  Franklin Square, NY

    Posts:    140

    My VIN:    16377

    Why would you burden yourself with creating 10+ threads for selling individual parts where you could have posted them all in one thread?

    -Nick

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    218

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Which might be a good thing... the originals being asbestos and all.

    Rod, this one is aluminum? Not asbestos though, right? Any idea of where it came from to end up on your car?
    I bought the first "refurbished" DeLorean that DMC Texas sold. The car had 3051 miles on it when I bought it and this heat shield came on the car. It does appear to be aluminum.

    Rod

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    218

    Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    Why would you burden yourself with creating 10+ threads for selling individual parts where you could have posted them all in one thread?

    -Nick
    Well I didn't know how to post everything in one thread and show the price with each item. I was feeling proud that I was able to post everything with only two mistakes (one item was listed twice and one item had the photos out of place).

    I would welcome a tutorial!

    Rod

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,211

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by rddmc View Post
    I bought the first "refurbished" DeLorean that DMC Texas sold. The car had 3051 miles on it when I bought it and this heat shield came on the car. It does appear to be aluminum.

    Rod
    Nice, thanks. I am interested and will PM you about how much the shipping may cost.


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    218

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nice, thanks. I am interested and will PM you about how much the shipping may cost.
    I am on my way to USPS for a shipping quote.

    Thanks,

    Rod

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •