FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Chirping Sound

My VIN:    5757

Chirping Sound

My car is going to the mechanic soon, and I'd like to point him in the right direction regarding a chirping noise coming from the car. It's on the right side-the faster I drive the faster it chirps. If I press the brake pedal (even slightly) it goes away. Any ideas as to what could be causing the noise?

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by JRNY13 View Post
    My car is going to the mechanic soon, and I'd like to point him in the right direction regarding a chirping noise coming from the car. It's on the right side-the faster I drive the faster it chirps. If I press the brake pedal (even slightly) it goes away. Any ideas as to what could be causing the noise?
    This sounds like the brake pads moving in the caliper as your driving. I have this sometimes as well. There is a fix with some small springs you can install to keep the brake pad from moving, I haven't done it yet though.

My VIN:    05457

I've had this issue as well with my front left brake. I installed the little springs, I put on some red colored "Disc Brake Quiet" stuff, I removed and reinstalled my caliper and pads in hopes that something wasn't secured properly. It is mostly better now, but occasionally still shows up. I'm not sure what else to do, I've decided to live with it.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3937

"Sounds" like you need the anti-rattle clips.

Front clips shown here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?61...p-installation

Rear clips discussed here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...l=1#post225179

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5757

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    "Sounds" like you need the anti-rattle clips.

Front clips shown here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?61...p-installation

Rear clips discussed here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...l=1#post225179
    Thank you. Do you happen to know the part number for the rear kit?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by JRNY13 View Post
    Thank you. Do you happen to know the part number for the rear kit?
    Only from Rob Grady. I'm not aware of DMCH offering a similar kit. Here is Rob's comment from the thread I mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    We have always offered a rear brake hardware kit (#109012G $19.50) that includes the pad pins, clevis clips, and antirattle clips which we modify for this application. They are available with or without the padset included. I'm not sure if other vendors offer something similiar. The front and rear kits are not interchangeable.
    Rob

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Could also be worn pads too. Get the wheels off and inspect all 4 brakes and you will figure it out. Definitely sounds like an issue with the brakes.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I've seen several where the anti-squeal shims, #109098, were missing....

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Next time it does it, pull the parking brake up a few clicks and see if that stops it. That will at least help zero you in.