FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Radiator Guard Grille

Radiator Guard Grille

This grille was on my refurbished DeLorean when I purchased the car in 2001. I replaced it with a PJ Grady grille which looked more stock. I have never seen a grille like this one on another DeLorean and I have been told that these were produced in small numbers by a vendor a few years after the factory closed. It is made of a flat grille metal and I believe it is actually stronger than the wire mesh grilles. I only removed it because it clearly is not factory original. I always wondered if it restricted air flow but when I replaced it there was no difference in the heat gauge readings. One positive to its use is that it seemed to keep more bugs out of the radiator/condenser.

I will sell it for $60 plus actual USPS shipping costs. The grille is in Troutville VA.

Thanks,

Rod
    Attached Images

My VIN:    Early

PM sent.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by rddmc View Post
    This grille was on my refurbished DeLorean when I purchased the car in 2001. I replaced it with a PJ Grady grille which looked more stock. I have never seen a grille like this one on another DeLorean and I have been told that these were produced in small numbers by a vendor a few years after the factory closed. It is made of a flat grille metal and I believe it is actually stronger than the wire mesh grilles. I only removed it because it clearly is not factory original. I always wondered if it restricted air flow but when I replaced it there was no difference in the heat gauge readings. One positive to its use is that it seemed to keep more bugs out of the radiator/condenser.

I will sell it for $60 plus actual USPS shipping costs. The grille is in Troutville VA.

Thanks,

Rod
    This radiator grille is sold.

Thanks,

Rod