FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Videos show only a blank, black box in threads

My VIN:    3937

Videos show only a blank, black box in threads

Anyone else having trouble seeing videos on here? I can't see some of the videos being posted of late and all it is is a black box for the regular outline of say a YouTube video, but there's nothing in it. No link either that you can see from moving your mouse pointer around it. I don't think it is every video, but many and it actually happened to one of the videos I uploaded myself, where I copied the link and then after submitting the post, I couldn't see it.

Any thoughts? I am on a Windows PC running version 8.1 of Windows and using Internet Explorer.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    05457

Videos are working for me on Windows 10 with Chrome, but I see I'm having troubles with IE. Here is a sample video for people reading the thread wanting to test for themselves.

David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Videos are working for me on Windows 10 with Chrome, but I see I'm having troubles with IE. Here is a sample video for people reading the thread wanting to test for themselves.

Thanks Dave. Gave me a good example to screen grab Lets see if anyone knows what the solution is...

DMCTalk forum blank video links.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It works for me...
    What happens when you click the below links or try them in a new window/tab?
    https://youtu.be/eVlj09EQlKQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVlj...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    It works for me...
    What happens when you click the below links or try them in a new window/tab?
    https://youtu.be/eVlj09EQlKQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVlj...ature=youtu.be
    Those both work fine. They pull up another tab with YouTube and play fine.

The black box image I'm getting wouldn't be the end of the world, except it won't even tell you what the link was supposed to be, i.e. hovering your pointer over it doesn't show you the link or let you right click-open in new tab manually. Bizarre. No less bizarre than the MLB.TV app. What a piece of refuse that is.

Running Win 7 Pro 64 & Chrome works, but IE 11 gives me the black box too. I'd say it's your browser...
    (I have not and will not update IE ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Running Win 7 Pro 64 & Chrome works, but IE 11 gives me the black box too. I'd say it's your browser...
    (I have not and will not update IE ;-)
    Sounds about right. I have updates coming automatically, but when I looked to see if there are any in the queue for IE, it listed a Microsoft Silverlight one is waiting. I recall updating with this a while back and it screwed up a bunch of different things on my computer and I considered myself lucky when I got it removed and back to the way it was.

So, use a different browser then, like Chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Sounds about right. I have updates coming automatically, but when I looked to see if there are any in the queue for IE, it listed a Microsoft Silverlight one is waiting. I recall updating with this a while back and it screwed up a bunch of different things on my computer and I considered myself lucky when I got it removed and back to the way it was.
    lol Same story with Silverlight. Removed it and hid the UD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    So, use a different browser then, like Chrome?
    Yeah that, or, for important ones, you could reply with quote then copy-paste the vid's link....until we figure out who actually dropped the ball.
    (I've always hated IE anyway;-)