FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Anyone selling in or around South Florida?

My VIN:    6674

Anyone selling in or around South Florida?

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase my first DeLorean very soon. I'm located in Fort Lauderdale, but will definitely travel anywhere in or around South Florida to take a look at anything I find. As for the configuration (transmission, interior color, etc.) of the car, since it will be my first I would take whatever I can find. You can reach me at my email at [email protected] or simply reply in the thread below.

Thanks guys,
    Robert.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Robert.
    If you haven't already, I would check out DMCFL in Orlando. I know it's a bit of a drive from Fort Lauderdale, but it's worth it, even just from an educational standpoint.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Robert.
    If you haven't already, I would check out DMCFL in Orlando. I know it's a bit of a drive from Fort Lauderdale, but it's worth it, even just from an educational standpoint.
    Hello, I actually have given them a call in the past, they are quite nice over there. I might be planning a trip up there soon so they will definitely be one of my stops.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Robert, I'm in Hollywood and have already sold my car but if you do find a car I have quite a few parts sitting that I'm going to be listing for sale very soon if you end up needing anything.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi, Robert. I'm not selling, but if you find one in the area and you'd like an experienced DMC owner to help you look it over I'd be happy to do so. I've owned mine since 2007 and am fairly familiar with the trouble spots.

I also suggest checking out the Buyer's Guide from DMC if you haven't done so already.

Best of luck!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Hi, Robert. I'm not selling, but if you find one in the area and you'd like an experienced DMC owner to help you look it over I'd be happy to do so. I've owned mine since 2007 and am fairly familiar with the trouble spots.

I also suggest checking out the Buyer's Guide from DMC if you haven't done so already.

Best of luck!
    Thanks man!

If I happen to find one i'll definitely contact you.

My VIN:    4543

Hey Robert. I am down in Doral and have had my D project for about a year now. I have a lot of concurrent projects with my car and currently stripping down/removing a lot of parts, so I have some experience and a good example of some problem areas.

I am out of town for work through the end of June. But, after that, feel free to come down and I can show you in person a few things to look out for, etc. In the mean time, feel free to ask me any questions. I had some issues with my car having a non-rebuildable salvage title and have done a ton of research and have a few contacts with the state of FL, if you are considering a car without a clean title.

I can personally attest to the buyer's guide and this forum as being the best resources for basically everything

October 81 Delorean in Texas

Hi Robert,

I have an Oct 81 DeLorean that is in fantastic shape. I am in DFW TX area. I emailed you today, so if you are interested let me know.

Thanks,

David P

Got it

Found the right car. This thread can now be locked down.