Thread: cruise control

cruise control

Is this cruise control factory?

Can it be added to one that doesn’t have it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5003

Club(s):   (DCF)

There was no factory cruse control. There is no question if it can be done - many have added them to their cars. I was going to do the same but having a manual transmission in suburban Florida it would probably never get used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Like dn010 said, no cruis control from the factory. It's relatively easy to install your own aftermarket kit though; I installed the Audiovox CCS100 on mine (I put the control panel where the rheostat was on the center console. A stalk controller is also available.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    Spax Shocks, DCUK springs, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI cat-less exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I installed the Audiovox CCS100 on mine (I put the control panel where the rheostat was on the center console. A stalk controller is also available.
    By any chance do you have a picture of where you put your controller? What did you do with your rheostat then?

If anyone is looking for an audiovox ccs100, a company called Murphy remade them. I think you need to put a resistor in your brake lights if you converted to L.E.D.s. Someone did a write up awhile ago on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by adam_knox View Post
    By any chance do you have a picture of where you put your controller? What did you do with your rheostat then?

If anyone is looking for an audiovox ccs100, a company called Murphy remade them. I think you need to put a resistor in your brake lights if you converted to L.E.D.s. Someone did a write up awhile ago on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    My rheostat is removed- I have LEDs in the dash, so it was non-functional.
    The kit comes with assorted universal brackets the user had to configure for their own use to mount the brains and speed sensor.

Here are some pics of my setup:

7E982334-6590-4876-83C1-FF1F5A63B0B0.jpgBF414145-7A56-457D-82CF-2C9A49B44A69.jpgEB5700F3-801D-4946-9745-4E03E162E776.jpg
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    Spax Shocks, DCUK springs, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI cat-less exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards