FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: cruise control

cruise control

Is this cruise control factory?

Can it be added to one that doesn’t have it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

There was no factory cruse control. There is no question if it can be done - many have added them to their cars. I was going to do the same but having a manual transmission in suburban Florida it would probably never get used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Like dn010 said, no cruis control from the factory. It's relatively easy to install your own aftermarket kit though; I installed the Audiovox CCS100 on mine (I put the control panel where the rheostat was on the center console. A stalk controller is also available.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I installed the Audiovox CCS100 on mine (I put the control panel where the rheostat was on the center console. A stalk controller is also available.
    By any chance do you have a picture of where you put your controller? What did you do with your rheostat then?

If anyone is looking for an audiovox ccs100, a company called Murphy remade them. I think you need to put a resistor in your brake lights if you converted to L.E.D.s. Someone did a write up awhile ago on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by adam_knox View Post
    By any chance do you have a picture of where you put your controller? What did you do with your rheostat then?

If anyone is looking for an audiovox ccs100, a company called Murphy remade them. I think you need to put a resistor in your brake lights if you converted to L.E.D.s. Someone did a write up awhile ago on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    My rheostat is removed- I have LEDs in the dash, so it was non-functional.
    The kit comes with assorted universal brackets the user had to configure for their own use to mount the brains and speed sensor.

Here are some pics of my setup:

7E982334-6590-4876-83C1-FF1F5A63B0B0.jpgBF414145-7A56-457D-82CF-2C9A49B44A69.jpgEB5700F3-801D-4946-9745-4E03E162E776.jpg
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays