Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Here is one that meets your criteria other than mileage but at 38k that's like 1,000 miles a year! I seriously doubt that this car has been driven that frequently, most likely half of that was in the first 5 or 6 years and probably has several years here and there of being parked.
That's a really good point Michael and I really should have mentioned it in my post.

Even if a car has 38k or 44k miles on the odometer, it's obviously difficult to figure out if the car has been driven regularly. Most of the 38k or 44k miles could have been done in the first few years of ownership in the 80s. Who knows. You really have to speak to the owner, get a good understanding of its history and also find out if the necessary updates have been done to mitigate any issues that could arise from a sitter in disguise. The upside of Ryan's car is that it's driven regularly and has had all of the necessary updates done - so it's a great car from an owner that knows the car well and has cared for it. Definitely the kind of person you want to buy a used DeLorean from.

I bought my car from Ben (Soundkillr) on DMCTalk. He was incredibly knowledgable, knew his car's history and had meticulously and obsessively cared for it over his near-20 years of ownership. He was honest about every last detail, even the imperfections and mechanical issues that needed addressed. You definitely want to find the right car, but most importantly you also want to find the right seller/previous owner.

From Ryan's ad…

Be careful with any low mile or all original parts cars because they will need newer parts for safety and drivability. Upgrades can get very expensive and time consuming for a new Delorean owner.
For me, this is one of the most important pieces of advice you could give to any buyer.

G-luck with the search!