FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Purchasing a Delorean from out of state

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Because it is an "out-of-State" sale you must make VERY certain you are getting a '"clean" Title and there are no erasure marks, corrections or typos that could mess up your trying to Title and register it in another State. Also get a Bill of Sale. Some States require it in addition to the signed Title so they can assess fees and taxes on the transaction. You want to get everything you can and not need to go back. When you pick up the car be sure to ask what else goes with it. Oftentimes you get all kinds of stuff just by asking. Manuals, BTTF stuff, spare parts, service records, whatever.
    Thanks, just asked the owner all these questions

My VIN:    16355

Congratulations on your purchase, sadly for me but a fast decision by you has gotten you a good D.
    I have also been chasing VIN 6602. This car was priced sensibility and at $23,500 allows for plenty of margin to get it up to speed. A very smart buy on your part and I hope it all goes well.
    The search continues...

Quote Originally Posted by MTB View Post
    Hello,

Im about to purchase a Delorean from out of state and just wanted every ones opinion on it. Im buying it for 23.5k Here are some pictures: http://s785.photobucket.com/user/MTB...?sort=3&page=1 I have a few more pictures if you need to see anything else.

Please let me know what you think of it. Also anyone have any recommendations on a shipping company?

Thanks!

My VIN:    16377

Also anyone have any recommendations on a shipping company?
    When I purchased my car from CA, I had it shipped to NY in December 2016. I followed the advise of other DeLorean owners and used 4 Corners Transport. They were very good and the price quoted was reasonable.

http://www.fourcornerstransportservices.com/

360-210-7665

Talk to Jeff or Ellen.

Definitely get the enclosed carrier. It's definitely worth the extra money when dealing with potential issues with the louvre blowing off if the car is ever transported backwards.

Thanks and good luck.

-Nick
    Last edited by NJP548; 05-14-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added note about the enclosed carrier.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I assume you didn't buy it then?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123153845613?ul_noapp=true

Interesting warranty disclaimer letter and replacement engine in 1989
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Wow. It took me a little over a week to get the money ready and when I did the seller told me his brother in law was interested in the car. He told me since I didnt contact him that day (I was giving updates multiple times a day) that he gave his brother in law 24 hours to decide if he wanted it. Clearly he said that the brother in law wanted it and refunded me my deposit. Looks like he just wanted more money for it and was not happy that he was selling it for 23k.

This journey to buy a Delorean has not been a good one.....

Not a very honorable seller this person. I had the impression from him that he would give me the opportunity to get someone to look at it and take things from there. Was more than happy with the price but while sorting this out I saw your post and could not believe my eyes, it was the same car. When I had the seller up on this he said "oh, I just sold it and the deposit has been paid." Complete waste of time and it is annoying to see he has treated you in a similar way. The dealer had it on for $37k so I am assuming the fact it was withdrawn from ebay means they got a price in the $30k's. Good luck with your search.

Wow. It took me a little over a week to get the money ready and when I did the seller told me his brother in law was interested in the car. He told me since I didnt contact him that day (I was giving updates multiple times a day) that he gave his brother in law 24 hours to decide if he wanted it. Clearly he said that the brother in law wanted it and refunded me my deposit. Looks like he just wanted more money for it and was not happy that he was selling it for 23k.

This journey to buy a Delorean has not been a good one.....

Yes it was a complete waste of time. I'm sorry you had the same experience. Maybe it was for the best for both of us. There was probably issues with the car too that he was hiding. Oh well the search continues......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

All the very best with your search. I have now bought VIN 4273 which is now on it's way to DMC CA for the updates and deferred maintenance to be done, hoping this all goes well. I think that if he sold that car for anything above $30k I would not have been interested. At $23,500 it seems very reasonable. I think you are right, he had second thoughts...

Yes it was a complete waste of time. I'm sorry you had the same experience. Maybe it was for the best for both of us. There was probably issues with the car too that he was hiding. Oh well the search continues......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2