I just received a set of seat covers from DMCH this weekend and am in the middle of installing them myself and adding some heating pads while I'm at it. I followed the "Slip Me Some Skin" article (I realize there have been some changes to the design since this was published) as well as several threads on here to get this far, but I'm stumped on how these are supposed to be secured below the headrest.

The articles I've read seem to imply there are (or were) two ribs below the headrest that can be zip-tied to the seat, which pull in the 'neck'. However, as you can see below these covers don't have ribs, nor do they have any kind of sleeve to re-use the old ribs.

seat.jpg

The seat covers I'm replacing were custom so I'm not sure what the originals looked like, but there was one metal rod in the neck that I can reuse. I cut a small hole in the backing fabric of the new seats and put that rod between the fabric and the foam to pull the neck in, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. It looks okay-ish, and may improve once I start stretching and securing the back with hog rings, but I want to be sure I've got it right before that step. I find it difficult to believe the neck shouldn't be pulled in at all, so am I missing something or is it possible this was a manufacturing oversight?