Early vin that has that black "plastic cap" that iirc was later made one piece. You know when you slide in and once in your arm lies on it. "Bolster" is the only name I am aware of.
My "cap" is showing wear and tear and can be pressed in but it is not flaking off, missing chucks, loose etc.
I noticed while searching that DMC offers http://store.delorean.com/p-10089-ar...-pair-blk.aspx
Is this that part?
Also, they have narrow "in stock" and wide "not". Is this simply a preference?
I just pulled on it and it does not pop off so I need to figure out how it is attached.
If nothing else maybe the above cap can slide over and cover the original and if nothing else protect it.
Appreciate any info.