FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 87 or 91 Non-Ethanol?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    The bad batch comment above is in my opinion rare but does happen.
    Yeah, it's not typically the quality control of the refining process, but how it is stored. My brother also worked at gas stations at the start of his working career and through that experience, said never fill up when you see the tanker truck there. Reason being, when new gas is pumped/drained into the underground tank, this action causes anything at the bottom of the tank to be kicked up (water is the main concern here) and in turn pumped into your car. There are variables of course.. the condition of the tank, age, turnover of the gas, weather, etc.

Nick's (OP) symptoms almost sound like water in the gas. Who knows? If so, you can get an additive to remove the water from the tank.

You would be able to tell right away if it was 20 below zero, as the fuel line would freeze. I've had that happen....not in Florida of course.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 05-16-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)