FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Air Conditioning Fix

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Reusable clips that allow for complete orientation during install. Crimps are one time use and require orientation during assembly or the line is not clicked properly. That would not be the correct terminology to refer to it as a crimp.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    Between VINs

Happy to see the positive reviews of the DPI lines as Josh is currently installing them on my car at the moment.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Reusable clips that allow for complete orientation during install. Crimps are one time use and require orientation during assembly or the line is not clicked properly. That would not be the correct terminology to refer to it as a crimp.
    Not to nit-pick, but here is the product video on Eaton's website. Note at 2:46 the narrator states to "crimp" the two clips.

http://videos.eaton.com/detail/video...toStart%3Dtrue

I don't doubt the "cages" and the hose barbs in the fastening system are re-usable, but I wouldn't reuse those style clips, unless we are talking about a different system than pictured on your website.

Again, I'm not knocking it, just clarifying the vendor options for the original poster.

--------------------------------
    Rick, the best news is that A/C hoses are not unicorns... There are several options as seen in this thread.

For example, if you want to go it alone, then you can also re-use the original hose ends (if they are still good) by carefully cutting off the crimp and recrimping them on new hoses with a new crimp sleeve. This requires a proper crimping machine like one that an A/C business that custom makes hoses does.

This is mainly advisable if you want to keep your custom OEM "Pad blocks" that connect the hoses horizontally to the compressor, if that's important to you. Like so:

Otherwise, you mostly have to go with a 90 degree "GM pad block" version like so:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Compress...-/252196507456

The other fittings are common so you'll want to get new ones. You can see all the options on a website to build your own ...like Cold Hose. https://coldhose.com/

Hose sizes are:

5/16" hose size (liquid line)
    13/32" hose size (high pressure)
    5/8" hose size (Suction/low pressure) You can get a reduced barrier hose as this one is sometimes hard to fit along the frame.
    Etc. for other parts & fittings.

I think it's much less hassle to get hoses at the vendor of your choice though.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 05-23-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10309

Your original complaint was that you were losing Freon over a one month period. I don't think I would jump to replacing the hoses just yet. Did you run green dye through
    the system and use a UV light to try and find a leak? A lot of small leaks occur at the high and low side schraeder valves and the green dye will clearly show any bubbles.

I would look harder for the leak and then if you find it then if you just want to change the hoses to update the car you could check out DeLorean Auto Parts hoses, I only had
    to lift my body (there's only 3 bolts holding the body down one each side) an inch to slide the hose in one spot. No leaks. Also be careful around the exhaust pipe on the drivers side by the transmission. My original hose got too close and melted a hole in the hose. I used a heat shield to protect the new hose.

Very much a DIY project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2