FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hazards and Brakes work, turn signals do not

My VIN:    2229

Hazards and Brakes work, turn signals do not

I’ve been perusing a few threads about this issue but have yet to find a solution. All lights on the exterior or the car work. The hazards work, and I do not think it is the plug on the back of the hazard switch. Fuses are all good. Turn signal relay was just replaced. The horn works and everything else on the turn signal stock itself works. I just can’t get the turn signals themselves to work. I’m running out of ideas on what to check. I don’t know if it is related but I have not gotten the reversing lights to work yet. Any suggestions?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Did you have the key ON?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Yes, the key was on.

I should probably add that this has been an ongoing problem since I got the car

Any strange wiring that does not look factory (car alarm, etc)?

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

A rather sketchy looking stereo system but I have removed most of the wiring from that. And I have yet to find anywhere that it gets near to the main wiring harness itself, but I could be wrong.

So Left and Right signals, front and rear, plus dash indicators don’t work With any stalk switch inputs?

But all lights and indicators function on Hazard?

DENNIS

Exactly.

Hazards and Brakes work, turn signals do not

Do you have a 12v test light probe (preferred) or DVM?

Are you using stock bulbs or LED’s?

What did you use for a replacement Flasher unit?

Last edited by DMC5180; 05-23-2018 at 01:20 AM.
    DENNIS

Yes I do have a test light, and would love some advice on what to test with it. I’m using the DMCH led lights and led flasher relay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast