FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hazards and Brakes work, turn signals do not

My VIN:    3937

Do the hazard lights come on both with the key turned on AND without the key turned on? Hazards are supposed to be fed with an always on power source while the turn signals through the wiper stalk switch are only fed with switched power via the ignition.

Do your horns work?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Okay, sorry I fell asleep last night.

Anyway, The turn signals are on a separate feed from the hazards.

Fuse 4 is for turn signals, check it.
    Fuse 6 is for Hazards

You can use your test light to check the fuse vis touch points. Key ON.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Do the hazard lights come on both with the key turned on AND without the key turned on? Hazards are supposed to be fed with an always on power source while the turn signals through the wiper stalk switch are only fed with switched power via the ignition.

Do your horns work?
    Horns work according to first post.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

To OP

Refer to the individual system schematics in the First post here.

All Wiring Schematics
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Compare the directional indicators schematic too the hazard circuit schematic further down the post.

As you will see the hazard circuit bypasses the directional stalk switch.

This tells me you either have a blown fuse 4 or poor connection at the fuse(assuming you have 12v on one side of the fuse, key ON). Or other possibilities poor connection into the back of the Hazard switch. After that you have LG/N wire feed to the stalk switch itself. Check connectors and if possible do a continuity check of the appropriate pin locations of the switch side connector. Move switch up/down to verify contacts internal to the switch.

DENNIS

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If the hazards work the problem is probably the turn switch, the wiring, or the plugs to it. Make sure all of the connectors on the plugs are making good connections, ie, none are "backed out" and not making contact.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliewoodo View Post
    Yes I do have a test light, and would love some advice on what to test with it. I’m using the DMCH led lights and led flasher relay.
    TurnSIgnalTroubleshoot.jpg
    (Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Click to enlarge ;-)

My VIN:    2229

Sorry for the late reply, I feel kind of stupid but it did in fact end up being the contacts inside the hazard switch. I took the switch apart, cleaned them up, and the indicators worked perfectly. The pictures helped a lot for eliminating other potential issues. Thanks!

Glad to here you got diagnosed and fixed. At least you you didn’t need to spend any money on a replacement switch.

DENNIS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2