FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DMCH on off console switch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

DMCH on off console switch

Has anyone used one of these on/ off switches from DMCH? Part#111638. Does any one have a pic of the terminal side? Also is it a SPDT switch?? Thanks!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Probably the same as a defrost switch without the graphic.
    My window switches had the graphic wearing off so I replaced them with the led ones. I was going to use the old ones in tbe dummy spots and tie them into my door launcher actuators (would make it easy for me to open the passenger door from inside the car). I thought better of it since I rarely lock the doors and was afraid I would accidently trip it while driving.
    Last edited by Michael; 05-23-2018 at 10:01 AM.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Probably the same as a defrost switch without the graphic.
    My window switches had the graphic wearing off so I replaced them with the led ones. I was going to use the old ones in tbe dummy spots and tie them into my door launcher actuators (would make it easy for me to open the passenger door from inside the car). I thought better of it since I rarely lock the doors and was afraid I would accidently trip it while driving.
    The reason I am asking is because I am looking at sending my craig radio to Dimitri for the Bluetooth mod. There is a switch that is pigtailed on the radio that is used to turn the Bluetooth on and off. But I like to keep things looking stock so I thought if I wired it to one of the rocker switches DMCH sells to replace the blanks that would be perfect. But I have been told it needs to be a SPDT switch or a “single Pole Double Throw” type.
    The other idea I had was to use this switch with a relay that is SPDT. And have the relay switching or toggling the Bluetooth function.

My VIN:    03500

Hope this helps. Use the two out side connections for simple on/off. I'm using one for my flux capacitor.

Dave B.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Hope this helps. Use the two out side connections for simple on/off. I'm using one for my flux capacitor.

Dave B.
    Awesome thank you! Do you by chance know what the center lead is for?

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I'm using one for my flux capacitor.
    Good idea. Probably lots of good uses for these. I replaced both dummies with these switches. I use one for turning on/off all door & interior lights during daylight shows or street-meets (I like the door light on at night). Also, helpful when just working on the car with the doors up while in my own garage.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

DMCH says it is a "simple "on-off" switch", so it is a SPST.
    They allow you to connect or disconnect two terminals.

A SPDT allows you to choose one of two terminals to connect to a 3rd, ie "either/or".

If the pigtailed switch only turns the Bluetooth on and off, it sounds like the DMCH switch would work to me. I'd run this by Dimitri to be sure w/o a schematic.

My VIN:    05457

I also use one of these switches to turn a Bluetooth adapter on and off. I don't recall the pinout, but I was able to use this as a simple power cutoff for my Bluetooth adapter. If I remember correctly when I hooked up the multimeter to the switch I realized I could use 1 pin for power in and the other two would have worked equally well going out so I just picked one at random.

I'm happy with the switch!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

The center lead is used on the defrost switch to activate the "Rear Defrost" light on the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    DMCH says it is a "simple "on-off" switch", so it is a SPST.
    They allow you to connect or disconnect two terminals.

A SPDT allows you to choose one of two terminals to connect to a 3rd, ie "either/or".

If the pigtailed switch only turns the Bluetooth on and off, it sounds like the DMCH switch would work to me. I'd run this by Dimitri to be sure w/o a schematic.
    According to Dimitri it needs to be a SPDT switch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast