FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comments most welcome

My VIN:    6472

That place is not too far from me. If you just need someone local to go and check the car out for you, I can probably stop by and take a look.

My VIN:    16355

Man, that would be absolutely awesome if you could do that. I was planning on asking DMC if they could take a look for me as they would be doing the work but it would be very helpful to have your opinion particularly regards the air con, transmission and general running of the motor. BHCC are pleasant enough but not willing to answer specific questions. I guess this is fair enough as they then have little liability but they could answer basic questions such as "does everything work, lights, door stuts, etc.. Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    That place is not too far from me. If you just need someone local to go and check the car out for you, I can probably stop by and take a look.

Forgot to mention:

Antennae looks like it is bent and probably inoperative.

I also thought it is strange in all the pictures the gear shift is in the D (Drive) position. Kind of odd that it is not in P (Park)

Good luck on your search.

Thank you for your kindness, the search has not been easy but will be worthwhile in the end. So many scammers on the various websites, 8 so far!

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post
    Forgot to mention:

Antennae looks like it is bent and probably inoperative.

I also thought it is strange in all the pictures the gear shift is in the D (Drive) position. Kind of odd that it is not in P (Park)

Good luck on your search.

The frame looks good. The eye browing on the front fascia can be repaired but plan on repainting that fascia as well as the rear one to match, which is an added cosmetic cost, outside of all the mechanical work it will need. There is a one owner 1982 at DMC FL right now listed for 35K with 33,000 miles on it, appears to have been mechanically serviced to some degree, and it looks nicer than the anything Beverly Hills Car Club has.

https://www.delorean.com/1982-dmc-delorean-c-5632.htm

I agree this one that Tony has looks very good particularly with the mechanical work done as well. Unfortunately I really do need to buy an Auto or the wife will not be too happy. If it wasn't for the need for an Auto I would be right into this one. I know Tony is a very reputable person to deal with and easily contactable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    The frame looks good. The eye browing on the front fascia can be repaired but plan on repainting that fascia as well as the rear one to match, which is an added cosmetic cost, outside of all the mechanical work it will need. There is a one owner 1982 at DMC FL right now listed for 35K with 33,000 miles on it, appears to have been mechanically serviced to some degree, and it looks nicer than the anything Beverly Hills Car Club has.

https://www.delorean.com/1982-dmc-delorean-c-5632.htm

Vin 4273 has a new custodian

I would very much like to thank Senior Member Gregadeth publicly for taking the time to have a look over VIN 4273. His knowledge and advice has been instrumental in my deciding to purchase this D. By no means is she perfect but it is a good honest car which will be getting some much needed work to address 25 years of deferred maintenance. This work will be done by the good folks at DMC CA before being shipped to New Zealand. No doubt this forum will continue to be a huge source of information and encouragement as the years go by. Thank you once again.

My VIN:    6472

You're welcome Peter. Congratulations again. Hopefully DMC won't have to do a lot to the car, so you can have it soon and get to enjoy it!

Nice job, and congratulations. It is a clean one, and once DMC finishes it up, it will be amazing. Please update us with pictures once you get it.

Thank you for your encouragement, I will post a pic or two of VIN 4273 in her new home on Waiheke. I have another two month wait but it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Nice job, and congratulations. It is a clean one, and once DMC finishes it up, it will be amazing. Please update us with pictures once you get it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast