Driving on the interstate today, I happened to look down at my speedometer and noticed it was working great. I had the thought, "finally. I have an angle drive that is actually lasting." NOT TWO MINUTES LATER, there was a clunk and the speedo needle dropped to zero, followed shortly thereafter by a bang as something ejected from under the car.

This is the third angle drive that has failed since I've owned the car, and all of them came from DMCH. After the second one failed, Houston sent me a different style that didn't require any periodic lubrication. That one lasted the longest (aside from the OEM part that was on the car when I bought it), but I'm back to not having a working speedometer.

Yes I've replaced speedo cables. No my lambda counter is not jammed. And granted, the last drive Houston sent me has lasted for three years, but I simply refuse to accept that this is some kind of wear-part that's normal to fail so frequently.

Does anyone have any alternatives? I don't know if Houston specifically is unable to source an angle drive that's worth a shit or if good ones simply don't exist, but this is is far beyond completely ridiculous.