FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Directory Marketplace - Sell your DeLorean stuff

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

DeLorean Directory Marketplace - Sell your DeLorean stuff

Hey all,

I love DMCTalk - TONS of great information... but sometimes it's hard to find the DeLorean stuff for sale. So we setup the DeLorean Directory Marketplace - www.DeLoreanDirectory.com/marketplace to give people a free place to sell and buy the DeLorean related stuff.

If you have constructive feedback, please do share by emailing [email protected].

Thanks!
    cropped-WheelTireLogo-Wide-600x92-1.png

My VIN:    16377

There is literally a parts section on DMCTalk and a search feature.

http://dmctalk.org/forumdisplay.php?11-DeLorean-Parts

Another example of you reinventing the wheel?

-Nick

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post

-Nick
    Not only that, parts for sale here you can see who they're from and how active they are which at least for me gives me piece of mind that I likely will not get burned, and to this day haven't and I've bought a lot here. What kind of system do you have in place for that? I don't even see any warnings about buying from and paying random people online... So, you're liable if someone runs off with my $?
    -----Dan B.

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Hey all,

I love DMCTalk - TONS of great information... but sometimes it's hard to find the DeLorean stuff for sale. So we setup the DeLorean Directory Marketplace - www.DeLoreanDirectory.com/marketplace to give people a free place to sell and buy the DeLorean related stuff.

If you have constructive feedback, please do share by emailing [email protected].

Thanks!
    This is brilliant actually, I have to concede, because what I've always found rather difficult is scrolling down from the top of the main page and clicking on 'For Sale & Services / Want To Buy'...
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Not only that, parts for sale here you can see who they're from and how active they are which at least for me gives me piece of mind that I likely will not get burned, and to this day haven't and I've bought a lot here. What kind of system do you have in place for that? I don't even see any warnings about buying from and paying random people online... So, you're liable if someone runs off with my $?
    +1 on these comments. But I concede that often the for sale format on this site is a bit rough. Often a sale list is generated by a post then various members respond with their interest. Sometimes you have to go thru all the posts to see if a particular item is still available. Then again, you wonder if the person followed thru on their "I'll send you a PM" message. But I would much prefer that a better format be incorporated into this forum instead of a separate site. Perhaps the mediate concerns raised in this thread could be addressed on your new site by providing a seller reference profile where they might have feedback or link to their profile on this site. I suppose this could be an "improved" eBay option. On eBay you get tons of unrelated junk when you search DeLorean and often the items of interest are from low volume or first time sellers. My last thought is about the motivation. Would this site be entirely free or would there be some commission cost? For my part, I would like to hear the OP's thoughts on why, what, and how of the thinking behind the concept. I understand that this may open up a flood of criticism and unfavorable posts, but, given the commitment required to develop and maintain a site like this, even these comments should be considered.

Ron

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

For Sale

I applaud your efforts and design. Looks nice. As far as usefulness well only time will tell and I am not to judge.

Although I will say please don't let any comments deter you or anyone else from making a "better Delorean related mouse trap." Please take all our comments as "constructive opinions" and make your own decisions. We have such a great community of people and wealth of knowledge that kudos to you for throwing something out there and seeing what people think.

With that being said, regardless of the forum I personally think Ryan S. does a fantastic job in how he posts his item for sale. Clear, concise and easy to track. Addresses a lot of concerns mentioned herein. Check it out...

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...e-Memorial-Day
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Yes, please do not take offense from my post, I’m only showing you that you might want to have some kind of warning statement and a way to have feedback so people can feel more confident when buying.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ras12 View Post
    With that being said, regardless of the forum I personally think Ryan S. does a fantastic job in how he posts his item for sale. Clear, concise and easy to track. Addresses a lot of concerns mentioned herein. Check it out...

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...e-Memorial-Day
    I agree with this; Ryan S's thread above should be a model for how For Sale threads need to be managed.

My VIN:    3937

-Nick
    Maybe you should stop complaining as it was not very long ago you gave someone shit for how they put in the effort to make individual for sale threads. An effort that was to make those for sale items clearer for everyone to follow and stay up to date on. Just like Ryan S's format does and that gets praised by others in this particular thread.

Why would you burden yourself with creating 10+ threads for selling individual parts where you could have posted them all in one thread?

-Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by rddmc View Post
    Well I didn't know how to post everything in one thread and show the price with each item. I was feeling proud that I was able to post everything with only two mistakes (one item was listed twice and one item had the photos out of place).

I would welcome a tutorial!

Rod

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Maybe you should stop complaining as it was not very long ago you gave someone shit for how they put in the effort to make individual for sale threads. An effort that was to make those for sale items clearer for everyone to follow and stay up to date on. Just like Ryan S's format does and that gets praised by others in this particular thread.
    I actually think Ryan's format was much easier than spamming the group with threads for individual items for sale.

I didn't give anyone 'shit', I was actually asking a genuine question. It seemed like a burden to the person creating the threads to keep on top of them and maintain every individual thread.

Also, good job using the search feature that I referenced to find quotes to use in your response.

I have no idea who you are.

-Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast