Hey all,

Thanks for all the comments. Especially DMC-Ron - great points that makes sense.

• Re-inventing the wheel - Thankfully since the automobile was invented, people have re-invented the wheel many, many, many times, and they've gotten better. That's my hope for the DeLorean Marketplace. I do love DMCTalk, but it's antiquated. Most message board websites are very hard to navigate in general, and sometimes hard to find useful comments and information. DMCTalk is no different. Of the hundreds of threads I've read here, many are filled with arguments, name-calling, and bloated egos. (But there's some GREAT info here that I have used many times.)
  • Cost - There's no cost at all for sellers or buyers, or anyone. This is a totally free service for the DeLorean community. I just wanted to create a cleaner, simpler place to buy and sell DeLorean stuff. Plus, I personally know several DeLorean owners who are not on DMCTalk.
  • Motivation - I have NO interest in trying to make money off of this, or DeLoreanDirectory.com - I'm just a dedicated DeLorean owner and fan (and geek.)
  • Reputation - GREAT idea have an optional field for a user's DMCTalk username. I just added it for all future listings. Obviously, it can't be a required field, because there are tons of people who don't have DMCTalk profiles / accounts.
  • Liability - I'll add a 'Buyer Beware' disclaimer, but since the DeLorean Marketplace doesn't have a mechanism for doing ANY transactions, there's no liability. It's basically just a ripoff of Craigslist. Post stuff. Sell stuff. Buy stuff.

Thanks again,
Dave