FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Radiator & Fan set up

My VIN:    3757

Radiator & Fan set up

Ok, Who has the best Radiator and Fan for the DeLorean, best cooling, fit, low amp draw... I am going to replace soon, as summer is here, and it gets hot.
    Thanks for your help!

Craig

My VIN:    03572

I have the EU radiator and Toby fans which I like very much. There are some new vendors products I have not seen in person yet.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There is no "kit" of rad and fan assembly. They are sold separately but of course can be combined. For the rad get a brass 3 core. For the fans, the OEM ones are OK and move a lot of air but use a LOT of power. They do use the shroud and that makes them very efficient. If you get Spalls or something similar try to get something that can use the shroud. Makes them more efficient and easier to mount. No one should be using the OEM rad with plastic tanks. They are too old and were never meant to be used for 30 + years. It is amazing that so many have lasted so long as they have.
    David Teitelbaum

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Do your fans fit the standard radiator? I saw under my car I'm still running the stock fans but the car cools good.
    Alex Brooks

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Yes we offer both styles. Just specify when ordering. No price difference!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There is no "kit" of rad and fan assembly. They are sold separately but of course can be combined. For the rad get a brass 3 core. For the fans, the OEM ones are OK and move a lot of air but use a LOT of power. They do use the shroud and that makes them very efficient. If you get Spalls or something similar try to get something that can use the shroud. Makes them more efficient and easier to mount. No one should be using the OEM rad with plastic tanks. They are too old and were never meant to be used for 30 + years. It is amazing that so many have lasted so long as they have.
    Ok, I went with the 3 row Brass, and the 2 11" fans that use a total of 11 Amps instead of 28 Amps... I will let you know how it does..

My VIN:    #5980

air flow rate

How much is the air flow rate from the stock cooling fans per hour?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There are most certainly kits, mr.guru

https://www.deloreango.com/us/coolin...-radiator.html
    AND (as already mentioned)
    http://www.deloreanindustries.com/ra...oling-fan-kit/

If you are getting a new radiator get the aluminum one. You will notice your coolant temps drop 10-20F across the board. It is superior to any other rad you will find, do not bother with the brass cored radiators, regardless of core count. They are the same price, if not cheaper for an aluminum rad. It is a no-brainer!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.