FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1981 Delorean, $29,000 Grey interior, 5-speed 15.5k miles Chattanooga, TN

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

1981 Delorean, $29,000 Grey interior, 5-speed 15.5k miles Chattanooga, TN

Putting a quick Post up here on DMCTalk before putting the car out there for the masses. VIN: 5692, currently has 15,5XX miles, currently driving it when it is nice outside. Car was originally from the New York area and has spent the last decade down in North Carolina before being picked up by the current owner and brought to Tennessee for "refreshing". There have been quite a few mechanical repairs/upgrades performed on the car that will be listed below, I have pictures documenting all the repairs and receipts to go along with the parts that were replaced. Frame is in great shape over all, there are a few spots around it where the epoxy coating has cracked and cause some surface rust underneath. remove of cracked epoxy scraping of rust and treating with POR 15 has been done around the front frame extension. there was one spot on the front frame extension that looks like someone did not know how to jack the car properly and bent a hole about one finger length long and wide in it, see picture below. other than that the frame is in great shape and does not show signs of needing any further repairs.
    On to the good stuff, what was just recently completed in the last Month:
    Full VOD cleaning, including Y-pipe seal, adding copper anti-seize to all NEW bolts in the valley. replaced the water pump, all hoses under the intake, including new hose clamps, replaced vacuum thermo switch under intake, all vacuum lines, replaced the temperature sensor for the instrument cluster, including a new connector for electrical wire. new copper crush washers were installed on fuel line fittings when re-installing.
    replaced heater valve
    installed self air bleeder for cooling system
    replace coolant expansion tank with new Stainless steel one, including new 15lb cap.
    replaced all 1 1/4" coolant connection hoses, with new hose clamps. replaced the coolant with Zerex G05 (Mercedes approved Coolant) used in aluminum engines, replaced the support brackets in engine bay for appearance.
    replaced idle pulley bearings
    installed both new V-belts
    installed new oil pressure warning light sensor
    Full 30k mile service including: ignition distributor cap and rotor, Bosch HR7DC spark plugs, cleaned the already installed K&N style air filter, replace main fuel filter, Oil change will be completed again before new owner takes possession of the car
    Manual transmission drive shaft flange gaskets were replaced and Speedi-Sleeves were installed on the flanges to prevent future leaks. I also replaced the large o-ring and reinstalled at same location where removed. refilled with new gear oil.
    Rebuilt master cylinder with new seal, bled clutch system with Pentosin Super DOT 4 fluid. I would suggest to replace the black nylon hydraulic line with the braided stainless steel line.
    had braided stainless steel brake lines already install, i did remove all old brake fluid from reservoir and re-filled with Pentosin Super DOT 4 and bled the complete brake system
    Replace the in tank fuel pick up filter, replaced original whining fuel pump with Newer style Bosch pump. included in that install was new High pressure flexible fuel lines from the pump to the metal hard lines.
    the car recently had the fuel accumulator replaced by the previous owner.
    replaced all M5 screws in boot with new Stainless steel screws.
    Front lower control arm are new and are from the brand Henniger and Associates, unfortunately they closed business a year ago. with these control arm i noticed the bushings have worked their way back some and the arms will need to be removed, bushings pushed back in about 1/2in and then reinstalled. this did not affect handling or braking when i have been driving the car.
    Tie rod ends replaced
    Pivot bolt and one bushing replaced
    Stove pipe in engine bay replaced

Interior:
    found kinked vacuum line to the air conditioning controls, removed that pinched area and put a connection line, allowed for the vents to open and close properly
    replaced the mode switch we a new unit.
    installed new DMCH headlight switch with the new module.
    replaced shift boot with new one from P.J Grady

Exterior:
    Adjust torsion pars, were two notched too tight when received the car
    painted all black exterior trim pieces with SEM Trim Black paint

Future repairs:
    A/C will need to be converted to R134, or be able to locate R12 for recharging
    Small tear in the seam of the drivers side seat around left shoulder

If you need any specific picture please let me know. please be advised I completed the repairs for the current owner and he has requested I list it for him, where the car is located right now, if it does not sell, he will transport it to his house in Upper Mid West, or possibly list it on a national site and sell it to where ever in the world it may go. Asking $29,000.

will add some more pictures soon.

BASC2796[1].jpgIMG_2981[1].jpgHCLW4553 (1).jpgIMG_2979 (1).jpgIMRM6500 (1).jpgJTKV3165 (1).jpgVWGC5558 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Ron; 05-31-2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo- correct VIN

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

29k?? What is this 2010?

Pm sent

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    29k?? What is this 2010?
    Agree, but definitely not up to par with your car. Owner just wanted to offer the car at a fair price to dmctalk members first, if it doesn’t sell it will be listed on a major site where, you are correct, should bring over $30k. There are a few things here and there that the car needs, for that he felt the $29k price was in line.

SCEDT26T2BD005692.pdf

Auto check PDF on the car

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Fence sitters: check your excuses.

Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion.

That's why I responded first lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    04610

The photo shows VIN#05692, your openingspost says VIN#06592 ?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The photo shows VIN#05692, your openingspost says VIN#06592 ?
    Looks like a typo. The VIN is clearly 05692 on the photo. Also looks like a v-nice car at a great price. No-brainer stuff.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

IMG_2763.jpgIMG_2905.jpgIMG_2942.jpgIMG_2987.jpgIMG_2968.jpgIMG_2977 (1).jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast