Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
I replied to this thread yesterday and there has been no response from you. By the look of that pic I'm thinking you're driving around with little to no differential fluid! It's probably way too late to make much difference but you really should check to see if you have any. From your limited but recent posts I'm also guessing you are a new owner. This forum contains good advice but it's always good to get feedback instead of a cold thread. This situation does not look good. Anyone agree? In any case I wish you good luck. You will need it.
Rob
I agree with this post. Most owners, especially new ones, do not know that the final drive has it's own fluid and must be checked separately. My advice to anyone with an automatic is to go over ALL of the on-car adjustments, checks, and settings, and check everything out as soon as they can after buying the car and any time there is a problem. If you get an auto and you don't know when the fluids and filters were last changed, then it is time to do it! As for the final drive, I have seen many with essentially NO gear oil in them and they don't make a sound and seem to be OK. Not a good idea to drive that way but once you get some gear oil in there they seem to do fine. One tiny drop once a week for 30 years and eventually there is nothing to drip anymore. An old British car rule, "If it stops leaking it is time to check the fluid level"!