FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Front Turn Signals are dim with Headlight switch on

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Dennis you where spot on with the wiring diagram you offered, I had the 'High Beam' and the 'Ground' connections reversed!

If you ever get the chance and find yourself in Indianapolis, stop by I owe you a few beers at least, Hooray for simple fixes!
    Just venture up too DCS2018 an I’ll take you up on that

Did this also fix your turn signal issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    04629

No, it seems the LEDs aren't made very well. I'll just use regular bulbs until the vendor supplies upgraded 1157s in LED.

Front Turn Signals are dim with Headlight switch on

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post

No, it seems the LEDs aren't made very well. I'll just use regular bulbs until the vendor supplies upgraded 1157s in LED.
    The only issue I had was with the flasher unit. I originally choose a heavy duty electronic flasher, that one didn’t work very well. Then I chose a standard electronic flasher “for LED use “ and that made the flash time More Normal.

What it the condition of your the Sockets? Are they relatively clean or was their a fair amount of rust/corrosion?

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Originally I purchased an LED set/kit that supplied all exterior bulbs, along with the proper LED flasher unit. My rear LEDs flash correctly ( intensity of brightness then to being off ), but the front ones just don't flash as bright as the rear ones do. Heck you can barely see them flash in 'parking-light mode', the reason for incandescent bulbs for now.

The sockets were quite clear of any corrosion, just a little 'dust/stuff' inside when changing bulbs.

Hmm,

Post a couple pictures of the those Front LED units (bare) 3 view. Top bottom and side.

DENNIS

#1157 LED bulb

Here ya go Dennis..........

20180610_125714.jpg

The vendor says that this bulb acts the way I described in post #24. He also said they would send a new bulb(s) and LED flasher, maybe this is a better flasher?

You all know what I mean, maybe another description would be better. (My brain envisioned an old guy in a trench coat standing in front of my car opening and closing his coat.)
    Last edited by ritztoys; 06-13-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Hmm,

Can you rig up a couple test wires off a 12v battery and do illumination comparison tests of the 2 individual circuit contacts to base ground.

You were saying you could barely tell if they were flashing because they were so dim. I almost wonder if somehow the units were in stalled 180 out of position. The two tiered side pimples should prevent installing them that way, but I’ve noticed the pimples on the Chinese base are rounded over and quite easy to slip out of the slot notches

I seem to recall mine being quite distinctive. However, mine are from SuperbrightLEDs. They were fairly expensive at the time, but this was before the flood of super cheap Chinese units were all over eBay too.

I was an early adopter so I paid the price for being an early adopter. Most new technology items get cheaper as time goes on.

DENNIS

#1157 LED Bulb

My D vendor came through, they supplied two new style LED 'bulbs' and a flasher. What a difference, signal flash of turn bulb is excellent even with the parking lights on!

I would like to thank Arran of https://www.deloreango.com/uk. These folks stand behind their products and basically 'bend over backwards' to help any customers' problem, always solving my issues.

One of many D businesses I trust that give you good bang for your buck. Give your business to these guys, you won't be disappointed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3