FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DPI Spec I Exhaust Heat Shield Mount Failure

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The thing is DPI is the golden boy of vendors for Talk. Negative threads get locked and locked quickly. Most other vendors are fair game.
    Thanks for highlighting our community status. While I would like to think we are the only ones who receive preferential treatment... we are not alone.
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 06-17-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

The thing is DPI is the golden boy of vendors for Talk. Negative threads get locked and locked quickly. Most other vendors are fair game.
    I don’t see any negative portrayals. Only a design that could be Adjusted for better long term durability in some instances.

I wholeheartedly agree with Josh that the shield is not needed. I do not use one on My 5 x 8 oval Magnaflow modified original Stage I exhaust. I’ve been running this configuration about 13 years so far. The muffler has very little Heat toning due to the internal Free flowing X pipe design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I’ll throw my 2 cents in as an owner that purchased 2 systems and ran them for many thousands of miles before upgrading to the twin turbos. Never had an issue. Granted, I was not running the heat shields and CO/dwell was set correctly. Come to think of it, my cars are always upgraded to the next best design constantly. So when Josh says he takes care of it, he does exactly that.

My VIN:    Early

If this thread is too negative for Talk then maybe it was a mistake joining the community...

As for Josh, there is absolutely nothing I have against him. In fact, I prefer to buy his quality parts over NOS or DMCH reproduction garbage. Only issue I've had with Josh are the long wait times, but with his busy business, that is to be expected. In any case, it's nice to hear Josh fixed this potential weak point, that alone shows that he has pride in his business and stands by his products.

Anyways, I didn't want to call him on a weekend so I decided to post here in the meantime to see what others had to say, but if y'all think that is too damn much than lock it and ban me while you're at it.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Reaching out to the community is not negative. As you know, it's the OT, dead horse, trolling, and personal attack posts, etc. within the threads that get them pruned or locked.
    There are places for that, but it's not here...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    If this thread is too negative for Talk then maybe it was a mistake joining the community...

As for Josh, there is absolutely nothing I have against him. In fact, I prefer to buy his quality parts over NOS or DMCH reproduction garbage. Only issue I've had with Josh are the long wait times, but with his busy business, that is to be expected. In any case, it's nice to hear Josh fixed this potential weak point, that alone shows that he has pride in his business and stands by his products.

Anyways, I didn't want to call him on a weekend so I decided to post here in the meantime to see what others had to say, but if y'all think that is too damn much than lock it and ban me while you're at it.
    I wasn't exactly referring to this thread, just giving a heads up. It was the second post saying this wasn't the place that kind of triggered me...this is EXACTLY the place for the OP's problem. I'm not a big fan of keeping potential issues hush hush even if the vendor steps up and corrects it for the one customer.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-17-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    ..., but if y'all think that is too damn much than lock it and ban me while you're at it.
    LOL...Not even close! Ignore the BS...

I wasn't exactly referring to this thread, just giving a heads up. It was the second post saying this wasn't the place that kind of triggered me...this is EXACTLY the place for the OP's problem. I'm not a big fan of keeping potential issues hush hush even if the vendor steps up and corrects it for the one customer.
    Then start a new thread, in the right section, and keep things factual, etc. WTH??

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

It was the second post saying this wasn't the place that kind of triggered me...this is EXACTLY the place for the OP's problem. I'm not a big fan of keeping potential issues hush hush even if the vendor steps up and corrects it for the one customer.
    Not even close to what I said. I said check with the vendor first, and to me, that’s fair.

I’ve also been around this forum for 10 years and I’ve seen countless threads that criticize a product or vendor before a vendor has even been contacted. The OP will admit this too.

If, after the vendor is given a chance to make things right and they opt not to, then I pipe up, otherwise it’s often a case of an isolated incident.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    Early

I'm starting see the sarcasm in your first post...The rest went over my head.

In any case, let's now skip any more drama, else I'll think I'm on Today...

So how exactly does the stock shield mount? Forgot since I took it off back in 2014.
    Last edited by 81dmc; 06-17-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast