FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Moving Center Vent

My VIN:    3743

Moving Center Vent

Hey everyone, I've been running a pioneer AVH-3500NEX for almost two years. It is a single din with a motorized 7" screen. In the summer months I normally have it collapsed for max air movement. I have seen many pictures of other cars swapping the vent and radio placement. Is there an adapter I can purchase or an online write up anywhere? Thanks for your time.
    Matt
    Vin: 3743 Sept. 81 build
    Black interior, Automatic soon to be 5/Speed Converted

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I do not believe there is an adaptor anywhere for sale - unless one has been done recently and only advertised on the FB groups.

Most of the conversions I've seen or helped with are just custom moded. The main plastic box is cut (where the rectangular vents stick out), then rotated 180 degrees and epoxied back in place. Some have used the original rubber booties with a little extra tape to ensure they do not come loose.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

There's a gentleman on Facebook, Dan Leap, that makes aluminum adapters. When I inquired about them last year, I think they were $50. Question, though: will the flip-up screen clear the top ridge of the console? Do you have any side-pics of the unit when it's folded out?

My VIN:    3743

Quote Originally Posted by glowof1000suns View Post
    There's a gentleman on Facebook, Dan Leap, that makes aluminum adapters. When I inquired about them last year, I think they were $50. Question, though: will the flip-up screen clear the top ridge of the console? Do you have any side-pics of the unit when it's folded out?
    thanks i'll have to reach out to him and see if they are still available. I don't have any pictures at the moment but can take some the next time I am home (where the car is)
    Matt
    Vin: 3743 Sept. 81 build
    Black interior, Automatic soon to be 5/Speed Converted