FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Planning a trip to Ireland! Thinking May

My VIN:    03500

Planning a trip to Ireland! Thinking May

I'm planning on going to Ireland next year with some friends.

We will probably be going to Dublin. But told them I will be separating from them a few days to go to Belfast and yes go to Dunmurry.
    They know I own a DeLorean and told them I'm a fan of the ship Titanic. So told them I just can't go all that way without visiting these birth places. My friends reactions.

So all advice is wanted?

Thanks Dave B.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Having been to Dublin and then Belfast for the DeLorean Eurofest 2016 I can say the breakout trip you plan from Dublin is worthwhile.

Check out this thread on that subject:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9299-Trip-to-Belfast

There are a few other such threads, too. This one mentions the Ulster Folk and Transport museum which, besides being a nice museum in other respects, has a styling mockup DeLorean as well as a production DeLorean and a full DeLorean chassis/engine on display.

Link: Ulster Folk and Transport Museum

You mention the Titanic so you probably know about Belfast's Titanic Museum....which is, well, titanic.

Enjoy the Guinness in Dublin, of course, if that's your style.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

A couple of years ago my wife and I took such a vacation. Started in Dublin and drove counter clockwise around the island over a couple of week period. Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Donegal, Galway, Shannon, Cahersiveen, Blarnery... hitting all of the sights along the way. We really liked the people and the scenery in Northern Ireland. Rough terrain, beautiful vistas, lots of sheep. The friends we made drinking in the Crown pub across from the IRA bombed hotel Europa were great!
    We had a fantastic time in the fall. Few tourists, nice weather. Do Guinness. Eat local. Drink local. Stay in B&Bs. Kiss the Blarney Stone just to say you did it. Don't bother if it's crowded. Drive the Ring of Kerry. Drink local beer. Hug a sheep. Go to Slieve League, Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede and Bushmills distillery.

We loved it. Wife would go back in a heartbeat as would I, but the world is too big to repeat so soon.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.