FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Questions regarding power in various interior items

Questions regarding power in various interior items

Hey guys, there’s a few things I want to do the interior and I’m sure these types of things have already been figured out. What do you think about the following?

1. Interior floor lighting – it would be great if it turned on when the doors open and stay on for at least a few seconds after the doors are closed. I guess it would be perfect if they came on when the doors open and there’s an option to override having them on which I guess would just be a switch. Has anyone found some interior lighting they really like that works this way? And where have you powered it from so that it behaves that way with the door and can be on all the time even when the door is not open when desired?

2. My cigarette lighter outlet seems to be on all the time - Is that just how these cars are?
    3. If I want to run a few things in the car powered by USB, where is the best place to power a little USB hub under the dash?
    4. Related to number one, is there a relay module that you can get to make the built in overhead interior lights come on for 10 seconds once you get in the car

5. Subwoofer – what would you say is the ideal way to power it so that it is only getting power when the car is switched on?

6. Push button start – has anyone found one lately that works great and allows you to push it once you have all the ACC come on out another time to start it?

Thanks!
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

My VIN:    10353

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquall View Post
    Hey guys, there’s a few things I want to do the interior and I’m sure these types of things have already been figured out. What do you think about the following?

1. Interior floor lighting – it would be great if it turned on when the doors open and stay on for at least a few seconds after the doors are closed. I guess it would be perfect if they came on when the doors open and there’s an option to override having them on which I guess would just be a switch. Has anyone found some interior lighting they really like that works this way? And where have you powered it from so that it behaves that way with the door and can be on all the time even when the door is not open when desired?

Thanks!
    Nothing as fancy as dimming after several seconds but I wired some LED strips into the passenger door side plunger that connects with the interior dome lights. One strip in each foot well and one along back storage shelf. Works with either door opened. Not sure I'd want them on while doors were closed since it's hard enough to see while driving in the dark in this car already...

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquall View Post

2. My cigarette lighter outlet seems to be on all the time - Is that just how these cars are?
    3. If I want to run a few things in the car powered by USB, where is the best place to power a little USB hub under the dash?
    4. Related to number one, is there a relay module that you can get to make the built in overhead interior lights come on for 10 seconds once you get in the car

5. Subwoofer – what would you say is the ideal way to power it so that it is only getting power when the car is switched on?

6. Push button start – has anyone found one lately that works great and allows you to push it once you have all the ACC come on out another time to start it?

Thanks!
    1. Tap both sides of the front interior bulb itself (or rear, depending on which you want the floor lights to mimic).

2. Yes.

3. I'd say it's a matter of exactly where you want to mount it and if you want it to be powered at all times...
    The power requirements would be so low that most any feed would work (eg. purple lighting wire for always hot).

4. ??? They are supposed to be that way already.

5. Use same feed circuit (Light Green/White tracer wire) as the radio.

My VIN:    First 700

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

5. Use same feed circuit (Light Green/White tracer wire) as the radio.
    Little more on setting up an amp. Amps should be powered by a new fused line to the battery as they pull way more power than your little wire that goes to the stock radio head unit. The "feed wire" from the radio is also called the "remote power"
    Here is a video that talks about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP7vlDAPgb0