FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: How To: Add a Garage Door Opener to the Dummy Switch

  1. #11
    Under Ron's watchful eye. Glory be to Ron! Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,151

    My VIN:    A bunch of numbers and letters that should not interest you.

    Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Don’t forget to swear regularly, even if things are going well. Also be sure to have a friend nearby to blame when things don’t go well.
    LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I think there's a lot of sense if you want the car to look stock but have hidden features. For me, it would be worth $50 to keep the look of the car original instead of a cheaper button protruding from a dummy switch.
    I have a couple of old window switches I have kept back for just such a cause. The print wore off and I upgraded to the LED version. Definately agree though, any other switch would look so out of place.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-17-2018 at 07:13 PM.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Location:  Fresno, CA

    Posts:    237

    My VIN:    10353

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I think there's a lot of sense if you want the car to look stock but have hidden features. For me, it would be worth $50 to keep the look of the car original instead of a cheaper button protruding from a dummy switch.
    I'm all for keeping the car looking stock but figured this 9mm diameter button won't be that noticeable. Besides, it's more like $65 since I'd get charged 15 bucks to have it shipped to me in a shoebox sized package filled with packing peanuts.

  3. #13
    Under Ron's watchful eye. Glory be to Ron! Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,151

    My VIN:    A bunch of numbers and letters that should not interest you.

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Besides, it's more like $65 since I'd get charged 15 bucks to have it shipped to me in a shoebox sized package filled with packing peanuts.
    2kcudi.jpg

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Location:  Fresno, CA

    Posts:    237

    My VIN:    10353

    Got the $9 push button in the mail and drilled out a hole in the dummy switch. Wired it up to my opener and shoved it underneath by the ashtray. Pretty cool mod, thanks for posting the original plans!

    I even threw on some safety goggles while soldering

    20181019_100905.jpg

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Posts:    613

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Got the $9 push button in the mail and drilled out a hole in the dummy switch. Wired it up to my opener and shoved it underneath by the ashtray. Pretty cool mod, thanks for posting the original plans!

    I even threw on some safety goggles while soldering

    20181019_100905.jpg
    Nice!

  6. #16
    Member Maritime-elf's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2017

    Location:  Ft Lauderdale, FL

    Posts:    67

    My VIN:    3349

    Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Got the $9 push button in the mail and drilled out a hole in the dummy switch. Wired it up to my opener and shoved it underneath by the ashtray. Pretty cool mod, thanks for posting the original plans!

    I even threw on some safety goggles while soldering

    20181019_100905.jpg
    The safety goggles are key...they fog up in order to allow you to swear the whole time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •